Yeti Owners Club banner

181 - 200 of 557 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,841 Posts
I have put our group on standby from Monday, thankfully the attitude is different here, members who's 4x4 is off the road (good old Landrover!) are offering to use their 2x4's, and one is even offering to book leave to help. No requests yet but after a conference call with Hampshire council on Friday morning it may be different next week
I wish there was the same attitude here, but I'm afraid it seems to be coming from the top.
As said, we've now registered with the local Covid19 group and shall see what they ask us to do.

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
A good friend who works on all sorts of cleaning jobs has told me that a local public toilet has been vandalised by someone damaging the roll dispenser and pinching the paper. As a result it may have to be closed. On a more favourable topic, our local ALDI was well-stocked at 3pm with lots of fresh veg, milk, meat and so on. However the town is busy with closely-packed queues at the chippy take aways. I just hope we don’t get restricted to short walks and essential shopping like France and Spain.

·
Premium Member
2,486 Posts
I have sent this tonight to my local MP and BJ. following tonight's scary press conference.
Dear Sir Robert,
I watch BJ every afternoon, but obviously have no way of writing to him.
Could I ask you please, to pass on my comments.
At 74 I am keeping myself at home apart from walking the dog either on the beach or at Whitcliff, ensuring I keep at LEAST 2 meters away from others.
I only go to the supermarket once a week at 06.00 and wear surgical gloves when doing so. I NEVER touch anything touched by others (door handles, touch screens, fuel nozzles etc) without the gloves. I am constantly washing my hands.

This afternoon I bumped into 4 youths, 3 sitting next to each other on a bench on a local view point with a fourth standing within 4 feet of them.
I pointed out the error of their ways and received a mouthful of abuse, telling me they didn’t have the virus, blah, blah blah. I won’t waste any more of your time with that story. Suffice it to say that they don’t give a **** and are too young to read newspapers or watch tv news.
It is clear from BJ’s press chat today…….
That if people don’t start behaving sensibly, legal enforcement will have to be brought in to the detriment of all including my self and all my friends and family who ARE behaving sensibly.
Would you please ask BJ if it would not be sensible to have another tv add in addition to Professor Whitty’s current one
And
A leaflet drop to EVERY household in the country. NOW, before it is too late.
We had a total coverage leaflet drop for the Brexit vote, SURELY this is FAR MORE IMPORTANT.
I do not see why I and millions of others should have the quality of our lives destroyed more than it is already by the actions of these selfish morons!
Thank you for reading this and I hope you feel my suggestion worthwhile passing on to the Prime Minister,
Kind regards,
Yours sincerely,
Colin. A. Lambert

·
Registered
436 Posts
EDIT
Forgot to add, checked with 4x4 Response Wales about what was happening and got told nothing and they were not approaching any Bodies unless they were willing to pay expences! We've now volunteered with our local support group and I will be leaving the 4x4 Group because of their attitude.
Spoke to someone from SW4X4R a while ago about joining, and after sneering at the Yeti, the condescending attitude and acting like the big I am really put me off. Sorry

·
Administrator
13,427 Posts
I remember when I contacted my local group, my Yeti was described as "Niffty". Our trainer was involved in development at Landrover and was their head off-road trainer and also thinks the Yeti is a fine vehicle. It sounds like the SW group needs a change of leadership. We have also recently acquired a new member who owns an Octavia Scout.

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
What I’m about to post is hearsay. I spoke earlier to a good friend for the first time since Christmas. In January he went to London for a school reunion meal. A few days after he arrived home, he began to feel ill. He had a very high temperature, felt lifeless and fatigued, sweated profusely and looked ill. He went off his food as it tasted odd. Also, he took a proprietary medication containing Ibuprofen, which made it worse, so he stopped. This was before the major publicity about Covid 19. He didn’t contact his GP at the time and although I suggested he had a test, his response was that they are busy enough anyway. It may just have been coincidence but he was fine after about a week. He is 68, no underlying health issues and is fairly fit.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Someone who works for me picked his sister up from manchester airport. This was back in early Jan. She had been delayed in Spain for many hours and was with a number of Italians also waiting hours for a delayed flight.
She became ill a few days after return, he was off work or working from home as too ill still to go out for 3 weeks and all his family had it. Described to me as the worst flu he had ever had. Looking back he is convinced he had and recovered from this virus, before it was even thought to have left China.
I have seen some reports about following dna testing which can trace back where the virus has been by its mutations, this suggests it has been in Europe for many more weeks, possibly since before the Chineses admitted to the problem?

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
I tried to book an appointment with my hairdresser for a crop to carry me over for three months. Shut! With the latest guidelines, can I go out on my bike, either to exercise or to shop?

·
Premium Member
5,364 Posts
With the latest guidelines, can I go out on my bike, either to exercise or to shop?
You can have a period of exercise if keeping distance away from others and for necessary food and medicines.

·
Premium Member
5,364 Posts
Haven’t exercised for years so up for grabs we have for auction my daily exercise slot. You are bidding for one day only. Bidding to start at 10 toilet rolls and 6 bottles of hand sanitizer.

·
Premium Member
2,486 Posts
Went for my daily 'exercise’ at Whitcliff Harbourside (Poole) this morning with Mr Monty.
I’m glad to report…
1. Roads very quiet.
2. Quiet on the people front and every one avoiding others, to the extent of getting off the path onto the grass for oncoming ’traffic’.
A few family groups out with sprogs and a few cyclist and joggers.
Everybody very well behaved and friendly at a distance, far more ‘hellos’ than usual, giving the impression that mentally everyone is ‘pulling together’.
At last HMG has done a ‘mass marketing’ operation. As everyone will be aware he (BJ) has finally got round to texting (presumably) every mobile phone in the country .
Perhaps the single brain cell selfish ‘Epsilons’ will FINALLY get the message and stop being total R.Soles!
Look after yourselves.
Colin &
? If you don’t know what that means, Google 'Mr Spock'

·
Premium Member
2,486 Posts
What I’m about to post is hearsay. I spoke earlier to a good friend for the first time since Christmas. In January he went to London for a school reunion meal. A few days after he arrived home, he began to feel ill. He had a very high temperature, felt lifeless and fatigued, sweated profusely and looked ill. He went off his food as it tasted odd. Also, he took a proprietary medication containing Ibuprofen, which made it worse, so he stopped. This was before the major publicity about Covid 19. He didn’t contact his GP at the time and although I suggested he had a test, his response was that they are busy enough anyway. It may just have been coincidence but he was fine after about a week. He is 68, no underlying health issues and is fairly fit.
Strange you should say that!
Number one son 49, female friend 64 and a female friend of hers. All went down roundabout Christmas with severe temperature, cough and in my son's case a visit to hospital for anti Bs as he could not breathe.
None had been abroad and son and female friend live 50 miles apart and have not met for years.
Curiouser and curiouser (said Alice)

·
Administrator
13,427 Posts
SWMBO had a B12 injection appointment for Thursday, call from the surgery a little while ago, the booked nurse had gone sick. She now has an appointment for 1400 today. We have a shopping list so will go in the car and after sitting in it listening to the radio I will take her to the supermarket and see if there is anything left.
Our daughter in law considers one of her late mothers friends to be her "second mum". She got a call last night from "Mum2" who said she had run out of food because she couldn't find any in her local shops, she does not drive and has to use the bus or walk, I think she is in her 80's.

·
Premium Member
4,929 Posts
I came upon the following via a friend in the Freemasonry movement. And as most people know, handshaking has a fundamental role in Masonic rituals and recognition. Thought it was worth sharing:

Two metres away

I’m sorry we can’t hug, but I’m two metres away;
It’s for everyone’s safety, that’s what they say;
It will get better, but don’t be blasé;
For all our safety just keep, two metes away;

This virus is cunning, and we need a way;
To keep our loved ones safe, so no hands we can lay;
On surfaces, each other, but there will come a day;
When we are all back to normal, not two metres away;

You can talk and phone, text your heart away;
Write a letter or shout, my attention I’ll pay;
Just know that I’m here, I’ve not gone away;