Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before the test starts I want you Englishmen to play by rules
There is to be no hitting below the belt
There is to be no bad language unless by us.
And lastly no more than two bouncers per over

May the best Australian Team win

P U G

·
Registered
77 Posts
Going by the rugby team though I presume stamping is okay? How did he get away with that?

Your best chance is to come out hard in the first test. England are notoriously slow starters and I would take a draw at Trent Bridge now if it was offered. I heard that the pitch is going to be flat and lifeless and as the weather here is hot and no sign of cloud cover, no really it is, then I suspect this first test will be a high scoring draw.

Incidentally, we are allowed a degree of enjoyment. As someone who grew up with the nightmare of Alderman, Hughes and then moving onto McGrath, Warne et al we still owe you for the repeated beatings that we took from the mid 80's onwards. We are still deeply scarred!

Edited by: EdmundBlackadder

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YOUR a funny guy. YOU forgot Trevor Chappell..Mattews...Dean jones
David Boon C.McDermott..And my personal favourite Brett Lee..

Pug

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm too young for Trevor Chappell, sorry
Jones & McDermott, surely don't qualify in the legend status, I still remember a past it Botham hitting him straight back over his
head for 6. Imagine doing that to Joel Garner, Malcolm Marshall (okay the whole WI attack from that era), Waqar
Younis, Jeff Thompson in his prime. McDermott picked up wickets but did not frighten.

From the 80's onwards, Boon, Border, Taylor, Hayden, Waugh (S), Ponting would all send shivers down the back of an English bowler. Others scored runs but did not have the same intimidation.

I don't think Lee got into the psyche of English batsmen in the way that Alderman, McGrath, Hughes and Warne did. Those 4 had sooooo many batsmen in their pockets before they arrived at the crease. Even when past it they picked up wickets through shear presence.

A special award has to go to big Merv for his "Tickets please" to Javed Miandad, possibly the finest sledge of all time. Google it for anyone not aware of the circumstances. Just edging the Glenn McGrath, Edo Brandes sledge.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Off tomorrow morning"" Road trip""Will take about a week or so.Travelling to the Eyer peninsula round trip about 1100K.
Area famous for iron ore tuna farming and grapes grown by the sea.
Due north for two hours then hard west for the rest.Several tough little side roads to be had...

Many Regards

Pug

·
Registered
77 Posts
You didn't have to go that far to avoid watching Australia lose. You could have just turned the tv over, radio off etc!

Have a great trip. Cracking car to be doing the trip in.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Have a nice trip Pug. I hope you get some good photo's to share with us.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts