Yeti Owners Club banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

Registered

Premium Member
2015 Elegance Greenline II
With respect to the shortage of lorry drivers, I'll restrain myself from a diatribe about the inevitable outcome of poor wages and working conditions (Ruari is watching!)
Not sure why I am being embroiled into a debate on poor wages and working conditions - but no doubt some clever soul will pop up and explain!!馃檭
Are you not the digression police?
This is hard work.

Registered
Each new version moves to looking more and more like tractor tyres! ;) :D
V-pattern angled "lands". Wider voids or grooves between the tread blocks, etc.
Or is it just the way I'm looking at them? :rolleyes::ROFLMAO::unsure:

Michelin do make some excellent, if expensive, tractor tyres after all? (y)

Are they marked as "Directional"?
I was looking to change to all seasons as well. Now it looks like the guy who designed the original Proxes for Toyo has jumped ship. :LOL: If so I think I'll burn off this years cheapo M&Ss and treat myself next spring.

Registered

Registered
Trying to find these in 225/50/17 is like trying to find rocking horse poo
Where have you looked?

Have you tried the link provided above by Trilux?
i just did a mock order on Black Circles, and they offered to fit them on Thursday.
Same for Kwik Fit.

Registered
Where have you looked?

Have you tried the link provided above by Trilux?
i just did a mock order on Black Circles, and they offered to fit them on Thursday.
Same for Kwik Fit.
Kwik fit say they are not available?? so do Euromaster. Even blackcircles wont let me choose them??

Registered
Ive found the problem, ive been using speed rating W but they are V. thanks for the help! on the plus side Kwik fit have got a offer on at the moment so you can get 4 tyres for 拢495 ish

Registered
You'll just have to be careful you don't exceed 149mph 馃槈

Evidently some of the big UK sellers don't offer them, but other speed ratings are manufactured according to michelin.co.uk ...
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Circle

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Circle

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

Registered
Yeti 2017 2.0TDi 4x4 L&K DSG
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Ive found the problem, ive been using speed rating W but they are V. thanks for the help! on the plus side Kwik fit have got a offer on at the moment so you can get 4 tyres for 拢495 ish
I have 98V's on mine, the 94W's are hard to come by and cross climates tend to have softer sidewalls anyway so going 98XL is not an issue.

Reactions: Sam Cash

Registered
I have never actually bought tyres from them, but Camskill often have an extremely wide choice available for delivery only.
They are currently offering all three speed ratings, with varying delivery times...

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

Link

Registered
I've used Camskill for years and always had good service from them.

Spag

Reactions: Sam Cash

Registered
You'll just have to be careful you don't exceed 149mph 馃槈

Evidently some of the big UK sellers don't offer them, but other speed ratings are manufactured according to michelin.co.uk ...
View attachment 6429
View attachment 6430
View attachment 6432
Ha ha!! rarely go past 75mph these days! usually just back country lanes and a bit of national speed limit roads on the way to work, I don't think the Yeti would like to go that fast anyhow!

Registered
I have 98V's on mine, the 94W's are hard to come by and cross climates tend to have softer sidewalls anyway so going 98XL is not an issue.
Im sure the 98vs will be absolutely fine, I dont see the need for the extra load weight, I never tow and only ever have myself or my partner in the car

Registered
Yeti 2017 2.0TDi 4x4 L&K DSG
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Im sure the 98vs will be absolutely fine, I dont see the need for the extra load weight, I never tow and only ever have myself or my partner in the car
In theory should be less likely to damage the side wall due to stronger construction.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts