Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2.0 TDi CR S, registered July 2011. Last week whilst driving home on the motorway, everything cut out, the dash went black and I had tocoast over to the hard shoulder. Luckily I had enough momentum to do this safely. Once stopped, I restarted the engine and everything seemed to be normal. I will get it looked under the warranty, but just wondered if this had happened to anyone else.

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
Not heard of it here or on the other Forum, so sounds like a one-off.
Did the dealer give any reason?

·
Registered
35 Posts
pollyc said:
I've got a 2.0 TDi CR S, registered July 2011.  Last week whilst driving home on the motorway, everything cut out, the dash went black and I had to coast over to the hard shoulder.  Luckily I had enough momentum to do this safely.  Once stopped, I restarted the engine and everything seemed to be normal.  I will get it looked under the warranty, but just wondered if this had happened to anyone else.
Wow........that sounds like a close one.

Glad to hear you are ok and please let us know what your dealer finds from investigation of your ECU.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine is a 2.0 TDI 170. I find this to be a not infrequent problem if engine braking, though I have never had the engine just cut out under normal driving conditions. I am due for a service and was going to mention it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cut Out & Error Codes 5134 & 5179

Hello everyone. I have just joined and own a 2012 2.0 TDI 170. On Thursday night my vehicle cut out whilst on a roundabout on a wet night with wipers, heated seat, heater all on. The engine turned over but refused to re-start, with the warning lights flashing. The recovery driver who brought my car home suspected the fuel ecu. On the next day the RAC came out to transport the vehicle to Skoda Crawley Down. Diagnostics by the RAC showed error codes 5134 fuel regulator control circuit low and 5179 fuel regulator control circuit 2 low. The garage have initially reported that they have changed a fuse, but have not yet found the reason for the fault, but will continue to road test to try and replicate. Has anyone else experienced this please?

Whilst I was only on a short journey, it was a wake up call to everybody in this cold weather to carry additional clothing/blankets in the car. Whilst waiting an hour and a half in a car at low temperature for a recovery vehicle without heating, it can get very cold. Fortunately I had a blanket but no gloves - which were in another coat!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine keeps doing the same. Dealership have said they have never heard of it happening even though they had to recover it from the motorway.When they did the diagnostics nothing showed at all.
I am changing cars as after 2 years of it doing this I have had enough.

·
Administrator
4,884 Posts
Welcome to the forum Eileen. Shame you are having issues but can't recall this being a problem others have reported since the posts on this thread which is nearly fours years old. MAybe you could give us a few more details about your model and what has been happening?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts