Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
14,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wandering around Halfords today I was looking to see if they stock much that will be of use when my Yeti is finaly with me. There was not much, but I was shocked at the price of a headlight bulb,a Bosch D1S bulb for a Xenon headlight was £89.99!!! Is this a good or bad price? and how long do they last?The card which you take to the counter (the actual bulb is too expensive to be on display) said guaranteed to last three years but that does not sound long for such a high price. I wonder if the originalbulbs are covered by the vehicle warranty.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Not cheap!Just did a quick search on Google and Phoenix auto bulbs areselling 'Osram' D1S bulbs at £75 each or£135 for a pair.
And 'ABS' D1S bulbs at £60 eachor £115 a pair

No doubt someone will beat this socould be worth searching longer.

Edited by: RickT

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
Not cheap, but they don't need replacing very often.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My understanding is that the Xenon lights don't have a main or dipped beam but a motorised shield which occludes part of the lamp to produce dip. They also have to have headlamp washers as far as I know...

If they're like other discharge lamps it's the number of times it's switched on and off that's the main reason for shorter life...

·
Administrator
14,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi yes you are right, there is only one bulb which supplies both the main and dip beam. They also have to have washers, on the Yeti the wash is activated either by a prolonged pull on the wiper stalk or every fifth wash. Some owners do not like this as they tend to wet the wing, bonnet and windscreen which can make a mess of a freshly washed car. From April the headlight washers will be part of the mot,
It's the price of the bulb that made me whince.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts