Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys Im wonder if you could help me to choose good DAB Antena. Ive just replaced my Bolero (2012) with rcd510 radio windscreen dab antena, everything is working however the signal is not the best bit poor. Could you advise me good quality Dab antena please.

·
Premium Member
6,322 Posts
There are DAB aerials that stick to the inside of windscreen available and would be easy to route to Bolero.
The DAB that is factory fitted use the roof aerial + an aerial embedded in the rear screen.

·
Registered
1.2tsi 2014 grey
43 Posts
hi there i have found the screen mounted ones a complete waste of time i have used this one amazon link on a previous car at it was fab , its going to depend on the type of aerial connection on the back of the unit you may need a fakira adaptor

mm

·
Premium Member
6,322 Posts
i have found the screen mounted ones a complete waste of time i have used this one amazon link on a previous car at it was fab
Could you post the details of the aerial you have used, that link looks like some amplifier details but does not lead anywhere

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi there i have found the screen mounted ones a complete waste of time i have used this one amazon link on a previous car at it was fab , its going to depend on the type of aerial connection on the back of the unit you may need a fakira adaptor

mm
can you please drip the link as it doesnt work, ive got fakra front windscreen but as you mentioned is useless

·
Registered
1.2tsi 2014 grey
43 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So ive checked. Looks like i have only one fakra(white) conection from the roof. Ive tried to google what adaptor do I need for this antenna: is this going to work?>Fakra Female To DIN Female Plug Car Radio Aerial Adapter Antenna Cable AM/FM DAB | eBay
and this one

So first adaptor stay on the roof with a base!?

Second adaptor for dab extend to the radio!?

Where do I connect red 12v?

·
Registered
1.2tsi 2014 grey
43 Posts
So ive checked. Looks like i have only one fakra(white) conection from the roof. Ive tried to google what adaptor do I need for this antenna: is this going to work?>Fakra Female To DIN Female Plug Car Radio Aerial Adapter Antenna Cable AM/FM DAB | eBay
and this one

So first adaptor stay on the roof with a base!?

Second adaptor for dab extend to the radio!?

Where do I connect red 12v?
so by looks the antenna in the roof is am / fm only so for dab you would need a new antenna the one i linked to i have used before and will again in a couple of weeks when i upgrade my Headunit to an alpine or kenwood

you do have to route the cables thru the car , as to the red wire that needs a 12 v feed so if you dont want to go all the way the 12v point in the boot maybe a good place to splice into

the fakia smb connects to the back of the headunit , i sadly dont know if it is a single or double connector on the back , double may be an issue or need a different lead

mm

·
Premium Member
6,322 Posts
Where do I connect red 12v
If you are lucky there will be a 12v supply unused near the roof aerial as the DAB aerial needs that so may have that loom.

·
Registered
1.2tsi 2014 grey
43 Posts
If you are lucky there will be a 12v supply unused near the roof aerial as the DAB aerial needs that so may have that loom.
now that is good to know thanks Urrell !

·
Registered
60 Posts
so by looks the antenna in the roof is am / fm only so for dab you would need a new antenna the one i linked to i have used before and will again in a couple of weeks when i upgrade my Headunit to an alpine or kenwood

you do have to route the cables thru the car , as to the red wire that needs a 12 v feed so if you dont want to go all the way the 12v point in the boot maybe a good place to splice into

the fakia smb connects to the back of the headunit , i sadly dont know if it is a single or double connector on the back , double may be an issue or need a different lead

mm
I hope to get a new Kenwood head unit soon as my radio is knackered, so I will be looking in to a DAB antenna as well.
What head unit are you getting?

·
Registered
1.2tsi 2014 grey
43 Posts
I hope to get a new Kenwood head unit soon as my radio is knackered, so I will be looking in to a DAB antenna as well.
What head unit are you getting?
humm tbh not sure yet got the old one Kenwood 521 dab on ebay at the mo so it will depend how much i get

·
Registered
60 Posts
humm tbh not sure yet got the old one Kenwood 521 dab on ebay at the mo so it will depend how much i get
I'm going for the DMX8019DABS bit expensive but still cheaper than going to skoda for a new unit.

·
Registered
1.2tsi 2014 grey
43 Posts
I'm going for the DMX8019DABS bit expensive but still cheaper than going to skoda for a new unit.
nice ! may go for that if i can afford it !

Reactions: Rich71

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok guys, so quick update. Ive installed your recommended dab antenna everything works perfect, dab signal improved 120% been driving with no isues. My choosen adapter is not good you need double female fakra for am/fm. Installing antenna took me around two hours on skoda yeti. Bear in mind the route of the cables as its barely enough to reach radio. And one more thing DONT BUY WINDSCREEN DAB ANTENA save time and money.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts