Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Yeti friends.After many years of admiring the wonderful Yeti, I decided in September to trade-in my new shape Fabia for a Yeti.
I regret not making the change much sooner, but I miss the DAB radio that was standard in the Fabia.
Replacing the Bolero unit does not appear to be a sensible option, so I'm investigating alternative ways forward.
The Pure Highway 400 gets some good reviews as does the Vinuo 5 in 1 DAB unit, (similar named units to this one appear to be advertised in several places). However I have also noticed the JustDRIVE unit installed professionally by JustCONNECT which appears to be very efficient.
I would be very grateful for any comments and/or advice.
Thanks.
K

·
Registered
279 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much for your swift reply.Unfortunately it would appear that there are different 'grades' of the Bolero unit and that installed in Octavia(s) is not the same as that in Yeti(s) - the link that you kindly sent me is for the Octavia rather than for the Yeti.
However as I have only had my Yeti for 6 weeks, I may be wrong!

·
Administrator
5,036 Posts
Welcome to the forum Yetiatlast

Unfortunately Skoda in their wisdom installed infotainment systems with the same name but of different specs so it would be helpful to know what year your yeti is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi there.Thanks for your reply.It's a 2016 SE model - I guess that my analysis of the my Bolero unit is correct...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I own a 2010 Yeti 2.0 litre deisel 4x4.
Is there a DAB upgrade available anywhere as the factory fitted AM/FM radio is a bit limited when it comes to stations.
Getting on in years and like 80's 90's music.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
5,036 Posts
Simplest option may be a DAB Adaptor.

They annoy me when people go past on the motorway with similar as they always seem to have it tuned to the frequency I am listening to but they seem to work.
Swapping the head unit is possible. Urrell's question above is trying to determine what is currently fitted. There are Android based units that would do DAB and more. A VAG head unit with DAB would also need as DAB aerial connection which you likely don't currently have.

Reactions: Flintstone
1 - 11 of 11 Posts