Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manual is not very explicit! Do these set themselves before starting off or do they adjust constantly?

Over the last few evenings I have had a few chastising flashes and hoots as my dipped lights seemed to be set too high?

·
Registered
394 Posts
I think (!) ours has got headlamp adjusters for when there is a load in the back, if your has have you accidentally knocked the switch to put the light s up perhaps?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe that the Xenons have no such control?

·
Registered
394 Posts
You may well be right
I just went out and had a look, the thing I thought was the headlight control is the dimmer for the dash lights

Dunno now, perhaps someone who actually gets to drive one might know!

·
Administrator
14,832 Posts
The Xenons set their height according to sensors on the front and rear suspension. The shape of the beam also changes according to road speed, they also widen on corners.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Hood!

Maybe people are just extra grumpy - it being the time of good will and all that!

·
Registered
920 Posts
All auto.Travel mode or Bend lighting is all you can adjust via multi display.
The height of the shades can be adjusted by the garage.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Is this what you are looking for? Originally for a Golf VI but Yeti shares most components so is most likely compatible, though I am not certain. Although they are auto setting there may be some manual adjustment available.

How to adjust Bi-xenon headlight range:
Two options.
I:
Remove of the little plastic cap on the top of the headlights and use an allen wrench to adjust them.
There are two on each headlight assembly (vertical and horizontal). Vertical is white, horizontal is
black. It might be "hidden" by having a cap installed into the 6mm hex slot.

II:
Using VCDS(vag-com)
Make sure you're on a level surface.
Click Select Controller
Go to 55 - Xenon Range
Go to Basic Settings - 04
Then in the drop down list, select the adaptation/adjustment option (its the only one in the drop
down).
Then click the ON/OFF/NEXT button.
The headlights should automatically raise to level position.
Close controller and you're done.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Plbxr!Useful info! My query was a bit more basic in that I knew the lights sorted themselves out at start up - I quite enjoy watching the light show! What I was wondering was that my work carpark is inclined so maybe the system was 'confused' on start up and then kept this slightly 'wrong' setting until the ignition is switched off again. ie the car wasn't adapting all the time - only at start up and hence blinding people depending on the level at start up??

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
So I guess the answer is to park it facing uphill?

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Or leave workin the light!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts