Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Few days back first turn on of the day total blackout I did not turn fully to start. Couple of seconds turned on again same fault this time I continued on to start and it did as normal but still blacked out drove away slowly then everything came on as normal. So far I only do short trips mainly battery readings 12.8 after short run and around 12.5 the following morning. Apart from possibly battery was lower that morning anything else liable to cause this effect. Slight aside got fed up opening the bonnet so often got a little battery meter that fits in the cigarette lighter socket great

·
Administrator
14,336 Posts
What was the lighting level? There is a sensor in the rev counter that blacks out everything other than the needles when dark to make you turn the lights on. If it is working now, putting a cloth into the rev counter recess will demonstrate. If the entire dash stays blacked out in daylight and you have checked all connections (cant remember about the fuses) there is a company that repairs the instrument panel for a reasonable price and gives a lifetime guarantee.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks it was a bit darkish in the garage but been much darker before and when they came on it was a transition ie slow fade in and yes the needles were showing,Hope you are right though

·
Administrator
14,336 Posts
Easy to test, park in the light with engine running and lights turned off, then put a rag in front of the rev counter dial and the dash will dim with the exception of the needles. Remove the rag and the dash should light up again.
If you have autolights you could leave the switch in the auto position, then when the light fades or you enter a tunnel the lights will come on by their own, they also light up when a certain speed is reached.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried this afternoon albeit as it happened originally, blocked the dial and turned on not engine dashboard came on as normal. Auto lights No Thank you. Where is this shown in the handbook?

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
Its on the light switch if you have the option

1 - 6 of 6 Posts