Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to be such a pest and ask every question under the sun

As u know at the weekend I picked up a 2010 Yeti,
Now this is where I am puzzled, I am positive my other yeti that I only had a few weeks ran with the day time lights, (that was a 59 plate)
I am trying to figure out if my car has been deactivated?
When I turn the key, and start her up I am positive the fog lamp circle bittys should also light up as DRL'S
Although currently nothing,
Only they light up when I switch on my fog lamps,

Also when I switch off the radio take the key out, it displays TIM on the display and searches stations?
How could I stop this

Help

Edited by: Kittycat

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
You can activate/deactivate the DRL's using the Maxidot display. Have a look in there to see if they have been deactivated. Check your owners manual to see how to navigate around the maxidot display (or MFD as Skoda calls it) as you will need to know how to do this for different functions. It's fun to play with.
Sorry I can't help with the radio problem but do you have the Radio User Guide? This may help.
If you don't have any manuals then they can still be downloaded in pdf form from here.
http://www.skoda.ie/owners/ownersmanuals/yeti

Edited by: plbxr

·
Administrator
5,157 Posts
Regarding the radio and TIM. It's doing what it should if Traffic Information Memory is activated (Press TP button for On/Off)

Clever things these Yetis

From the Bolero Manual

"Traffic information memory
Automatic recording of traffic reports
If the traffic information function is switched on and a traffic information station is
received, the incoming traffic reports will be recorded, as long as the ignition is
switched on. This way you are informed at any time of the current traffic situation,
even if you have your radio switched off for a lengthy period while driving.
If the vehicle is not in use (ignition off) while a traffic information station is received
and the traffic information function is switched on, incoming traffic reports from
this station are recorded for two hours.
When switching the ignition off the current traffic information station is displayed
for about five seconds, from which the next 65 minutes of traffic reports will be
recorded. During this display of five seconds, you can select another traffic information
station using the arrow keys on the unit, which will be recorded.
If, when the vehicle is not in use, the reception of the set traffic information station
is too poor because of external influences, it will automatically search for another
traffic information station.
A maximum of nine traffic announcements with a total length of up to four minutes
can be recorded. The oldest traffic report will always be overwritten if the memory
is full."

·
Premium Member
5,358 Posts
plbxr said:
You can activate/deactivate the DRL's using the Maxidot display. Have a look in there to see if they have been deactivated. Check your owners manual to see how to navigate around the maxidot display (or MFD as Skoda calls it) as you will need to know how to do this for different functions. It's fun to play with.
I understand that on the newer models within the EU market this is not now possible. There was a slight change to legislation that removed the choice.

·
Registered
268 Posts
According to the dealer,drl's,as a legal requirement now,are not able to be deactivated. I will now have to pop down and tell em that they are.Just been out and looked and an easy job to turn em off.Straight back on though as the G/men would have a field day with me.

·
Premium Member
5,358 Posts
It has certainly been reported elsewhere that the newest "bug eyed" Yetis had that element of the Maxidot removed so you weren't able to turn them off.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Mines over 12 months old now so could well have been changed in preparation for the new F/L.Can't see the need for it anyway.Look's pretty cool with em on.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will have to have mine looked at as I don't have any daytime running lights,
And my previous yeti SE CR that was the same age did have running lights

·
Premium Member
5,358 Posts
Kittycat said:
All Yeti's have them, since the day the first was "born".
Check your Maxidot tick box.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Llanigraham said:
Kittycat said:
All Yeti's have them, since the day the first was "born".
Check your Maxidot tick box.
Where do you find maxidot
Did have a play around in the yeti and check the manual
Wasn't that clear

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Have a look in the manual for "Multi-functional indicator (onboard computer)" and "MAXI DOT display (information display)". In my 2011 owners manual it starts on page 14 and on page 18 respectively. It covers several pages and shows you how to navigate around the maxidot display, which sits between the speedometer and tachometer. It also explains what the different functions are and how to access them and change them. Take your time as there is a bit to read, just take it slowly.
The section you want will probably be under: Lights and Visibility -> Dayl. dri. light
Tick the box next to it and they will be on next time you start the car.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Premium Member
5,358 Posts
And remember that each key needs it's own programming!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts