Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a day trip up in the hills today, travelling from Nana Glen to Dorrigo on the NSW North Coast, with a stopover at the disused George`s Goldmine Lookout and a picnic at Lowanna.

George`s Goldmine Lookout, looking east to Sapphire Beach and the Pacific Ocean.
I honestly thought we had bitten off more than we could chew to get up here-I must remember to take photos next time to explain that!

This is what the Eastern Dorrigo Way looks like today, it can change with the weather.

Cheers, Rob.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Very nice. It looks like you had some heavy clay soils to contend with in some spots. The views are beautiful.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
plbxr said:
Very nice. It looks like you had some heavy clay soils to contend with in some spots. The views are beautiful.
Didn't think we would get over some of the track to the goldmine, but the car did it. The only limitation was clearance over the crown of the road, but slow and steady did the job.
It's tough looking after the car and enjoying it's ability at the same time :)
All the best, Rob.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Hood said:
Just out of interest did you have the rough road package fitted? It looks as if it might come in handy.
Not sure, don't think so, didn`t see it on the receipt. I have heard about it.
I do know the car has the protective plates under it and guards on the rear swing arms.
We only touched ground once and that was just soft earth on the crown of the track..........very impressed.
Oh, yes I must add, I gave it a good clean today as a reward.
Cheers, Rob.Edited by: hazmat5765

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
In Aus the "underbody protection" is standard fitment on all 103 TDI and 112 TSI 4x4 models. Only the FWD 77 TSI misses out, though it does come with the (PR# 2UB) heavy duty suspension.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts