Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I won't bore you with too many words but we had a good time.

Our first creek crossing, hardly earth shattering I know.

A cuppa on the side of the road.

Much steeper than this photo shows. This is Pine Rd.

Pick your path carefully!

This is the Dairyville area nearby.

No dings, no problems, no effort by the car, just fun.
Safe travels everyone, Rob.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Great piccies, especially the Willy Wagtail on the fence post. Another lovely, sunny (almost) Winters day.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Hood said:
Thanks, these are the same day, & I hope you all like them.

Dingo Creek, on the east side of the park.

We had hoped to do the 1.3 km walk to the Bangalore Waterfall, but it started getting dark, so this was sort of a "reccy" and we will post the waterfall shots when we get there in future
HEADING HOME.

Steep downhill, Pine Rd is a perfect track for a car like the Yeti.

That's all we got!

Cheers everyone, Rob.Edited by: hazmat5765

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Off topic post...
Rob, just wondering if you are connected to the NBN in your part of Coffs?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have seen lots of NBN Co. workers around town & at the end of our street putting the cables down. So I guess we will be soon.
Don't know anymore than that at the moment.
Rob.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Superb photo's. well done. Are they taken in a studio or somewhere similar? I don't see any dark clouds, rain or generally miserable weather like the UK seems to be eternally blessed with..

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
igg said:
Superb photo's. well done. Are they taken in a studio or somewhere similar? I don't see any dark clouds, rain or generally miserable weather like the UK seems to be eternally blessed with..
Thanks igg, we do get bad weather here, but when all the moons line up Australia is beautiful. I was born in Wrenthorpe, Yorkshire and my parents brought us out when I was 7. I do remember at that age thinking the sky was white. I've been back twice for holidays. In '86 we had 7 weeks of fantastic weather around Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, Blackpool, Hampshire and Wales visiting relatives.

Anyway, here are some local pictures with clouds......

My wife's first drive on the local beach. It was the first time she had driven any car on a beach. The conditions were good so it was the right time to do it

This is Sawtell.

Bongil Bongil National Park.

Cheers, Rob.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Good piccies Rob. That's the first time I have heard of anyone putting their Yeti on to beach sand. It looks like it went well and a lack of low range was not a hindrance.

·
Administrator
13,126 Posts
Mine's had a couple of walks on the beach, the only noticeable thing was the amount of sand around the rear door seals along the wheel arch. If there is one thing that it would be good to change when the Yeti MK11 comes, it would be using part of the rear door edges as the wheel arch. Apart from that it coped really well.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Glad you like `em plbxr.
The Hood is right though...
The Hood said:
.... the only noticeable thing was the amount of sand around the rear door seals along the wheel arch. If there is one thing that it would be good to change when the Yeti MK11 comes, it would be using part of the rear door edges as the wheel arch. Apart from that it coped really well.
In my case you just get home and hose the heck out of everywhere!
Rob.
Edited by: hazmat5765

1 - 13 of 13 Posts