Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Please advise me can I have Off Road & Hill Hold function Dealer fitted to my Yeti SE Plus 170 PS 4x4by a Skoda Dealership many thanks for help received in the past.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
No you can't.
I asked the same question when I bought my ex-demo. Has to be fitted during production.

And from experience, unless you are doing quite severe off-road use I don't think it that neccesary.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Graham mine is a ex Demonstrator too,and I do not intend to do any severe off roading,so with a bit care the standard 4x4 Se+ will suffice,it would have been good to see the blank Buttons labelled.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well the off-road is a life saver for me. I live in an area where gritting lorries are a fond memory and during the winters of 2009/10 and 10/11 the off road was engaged most of the time when driving on our back roads. It won't stop a skid but it reduces the chance of it happening and it makes life easier when driving on ice.I accept that the off-road is an electronic gizmo and will not replace good winter tyres but it does make a difference. After all driving on ice is like off roading on tarmac!!!!!

·
Administrator
13,660 Posts
Terfyn said:
Well the off-road is a life saver for me. I live in an area where gritting lorries are a fond memory and during the winters of 2009/10 and 10/11 the off road was engaged most of the time when driving on our back roads. It won't stop a skid but it reduces the chance of it happening and it makes life easier when driving on ice.I accept that the off-road is an electronic gizmo and will not replace good winter tyres but it does make a difference. After all driving on ice is like off roading on tarmac!!!!!
Hi
The only time I tried it I found the accelerator rather stiff (Graham explained why it isand that made infinite sense) but here in sunny Berkshire the roads are not as bad as yours. Did you get used to it and aquire a muscle bound right ankle, or did you just use it for hill descent?

Edited by: The Hood

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Freedie - not so bad now!! (16 months recovering from cancer - I was not allowed to drive Betty for 6 weeks after coming out of hospital - that was really serious!!! )With ice and compacted snow one always needs a "light" touch, I let the car do all the work and gave it a nudge now and then.
In Criccieth (near where we live) there is a steep hill going from the lifeboat house up to the ice cream shop. We were stopped outside the lifeboat house when a van tried to get up the hill, He passed us only to slide gracefully back again. He gave up after three tries. Betty slid a little and skidded a little but got to the top without too much drama. So after two serious winters we motor on with very little trouble - what a car!!!
IncidentallyI am on my second set of tyres and coming up to my second service at 34,000 miles. Betty was bought new in December 2009 and is still under guarantee -I have had the DPF sensor replacedbut no other problems.
I hope all on the forum are fit and enjoying their motoring and not too flooded out. (it happened twice here but the second time we saw the flow of the water and consequently have installed flood defences. There is a silver lining, the new furniture is really nice.)
Cheers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts