Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my Yeti 8 weeks ago today (23/7/13) and was told then to expect delivery within 10 to 12 weeks. My dealer has now advised me that the build is not now likely to take place until mid October and so delivery would not be until the end of October which would mean a 14 to 15 weeks from delivery
Has anyone else experienced increased delivery times recently ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Gulp - another newbie here. I have just ordered my Yeti and have been told to expect delivery in 12 weeks. I hope that your delivery problem is not an indication of a problem. If it helps the dealer did tell me that the UK had recently secured increased supply of vehicles. Fingers crossed.

·
Administrator
13,102 Posts
I know it will not make the wait any easier but mine took twenty weeks, and at the time that was quick!But when your Yeti arrives it will have been worth the wait, then it will be your turn to console the next generation of newbies!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ordered at the end of July and was quoted beginning of October. I was then informed 4 weekslater end of October beginning of November and last week told end September? In other words, no one knows but one things sure you will be glad when it comes as everyone raves about there's. pray for patience. ˜

·
Registered
31 Posts
Had a confirmation last week that it was scheduled for build in week 44. Then it's just a question of shipping it here. Anyone got any experience of the typical gap between build and delivery?

The wait is not getting easier,and will probably get worse as I see Dave is re running the top gear review next Tuesday 15th October.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Usually around 4 weeks, depending on how quick it gets on the boat.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have now been told mine is being built in Week 42 ie next week but my dealer says it will be with him by the first week in November , which would mean only 2 weeks maximum between the factory and dealer. I hope he is right !!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ordered 12th August. Original build was supposed to be week 41, now advised build as week 43 (w/c 21st October).

As I p/x'ed my old car and the dealer has lent me an admittedly crap Vectra estate for which I am paying nothing other than fuel costs, I'm quite relaxed about when it arrives. Before Xmas would be nice

·
Registered
471 Posts
Ordered F/L YETI today with an estimated delivery of - wait for it - Week 3 in March 2014.Hay-ho, all good things are worth waiting for!

·
Administrator
13,102 Posts
privatepit said:
Had a confirmation last week that it was scheduled for build in week 44. Then it's just a question of shipping it here. Anyone got any experience of the typical gap between build and delivery?

The wait is not getting easier,and will probably get worse as I see Dave is re running the top gear review next Tuesday 15th October.
You might get lucky, mine was built week one 2012 at the dealers on the 13th January, drove it home on the 20th. Keep your fingers crossed.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I seem to remember that my friend Nick ordered his Yeti in November 2009, and took delivery in late May 2010. 6 months!When I first enquired about a Yeti , in 2011, delivery was still being quoted at 'about 6 months', so things have got better.
Because in 2012 I bought and ex-demo car, my delivery was 2 weeks! Still, I think I would still be happy, if that's the right word, to wait for such a magnificent car. I must confess that we are very very pleased that we changed to the Yeti, and our only regret is that we did not make the effort when we bought the Octavia that was our previous buy.
Hang in there. It will be worth it.

Tim Jeal

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ordered mine on 5th September. No build date yet from dealer so contacted them today. Seems like I'll be getting a 2014 model for the same price as ordered.
But still no build date.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sounds like they've sold out of the adventure style as these were the last off production line. If I'm right, March is the roll-out date for new style but could be later! As it's not a road tested model make sure their happy to carry-out ANY teething probs without quibble! You could go s/hand?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Second hand? Not with the deal I got! And 0% finance.

Deliveries of new model are supposed to start in January. Depends when the 1.2SE production starts.Problem is my current car is on its last legs and just hope my wife's car keeps going.

Maybe we should replace that now and the wait won't seem so bad

·
Administrator
13,102 Posts
IanH said:
Problem is my current car is on its last legs and just hope my wife's car keeps going.
Maybe we should replace that now and the wait won't seem so bad
Easy replace one now with a used Yeti, then you have something to practice with prior to the new one.
Just think his and hers Yeti!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hi IanH Regarding accurate production dates, I have SUK dealer paperwork and production dates. For most F/L YETIS it isweek 45 (4th NOV)
F/L YETI Outdoor SE 140 BHP & Elegance 170 BHP production is week 50 (9th December)

No doubt dealer Demos will be prioritised & we don't know how many people got orders in before us - home and abroad! (European car market has just started torevive as well)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts