Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i am about to order a yeti and was interested to find out on this forum the lengthy delivery time,has anybody got any good news on this as it appears it is at least 3 months.cheers guys

·
Registered
83 Posts
3 months is quite good. Diesels are often a bit longer than petrols.
Use a dealer who has a lot of orders already and it could be a lot longer.
So check with the dealer before you sign. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Good luck on your order. I ordered mineat the end ofweek 3. It was built in week 9 and I'm just waiting for it to arrive at the dealers. I'm hoping for a collection around week 12. So2 months for a Greenline Elegance isn't bad. I must admit the last couple of weeks seem like months when you're that close to collection. BossFox makes a valid point about the dealer quota. Ifthey evade the questionit's time to look elsewhere.

·
Registered
83 Posts
To give you an example last year I ordered two Elegances, a 170 4x4 diesel and a 1.2 DSG petrol. Both with a fair amount of optional extras.

The diesel 170 was 21 weeks from order to build.
The petrol DSG was 13 weeks.
Plus three weeks each for delivery.
They both arrived mid February for registration on the 1st March.

·
Administrator
13,732 Posts
Hi Even the delivery times are a lotttery mine was only a week from build to showroom. The total order time was 4 1/2 months. My dealer changed the spec of an already ordered demo model to what I wanted, maybe you could find one who will do the same.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Update from dealer today. "The Yeti is on a train on it's way to Emden in Germany. Should be there by Wednesday/thursday and then onto the next ferry to Grimsby.
Not long then. 3 weeks maybe."
Expected delivery was mid-May
Ordered a 1.2SE mid-Feb

·
Registered
30 Posts
That's good news. A whole month early. Did you leave an offering to the delivery fairy.A bit like Santa's mince pies. Italways works.
We sometimes forget that we are buying an ordered car to our spec. As a child I grew up in Dagenham where there were acres and acres of rusting cars parked on Frog Island waiting for a buyer who fancied a lime green Cortina mk3 GLS or such like. When I moved into the trade I remember doing a PDI on a 'new' car which was 2 years old and after that time it looked it. However the customer bought a 'new' car because the registration book said so. I know what system I prefer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Oh yes. Silver Fox was one colour. The gutters were full of it. London may be paved with gold but in Dagenham it was silver.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Xrat said:
That's good news. A whole month early. Did you leave an offering to the delivery fairy.A bit like Santa's mince pies. Italways works.
We sometimes forget that we are buying an ordered car to our spec. As a child I grew up in Dagenham where there were acres and acres of rusting cars parked on Frog Island waiting for a buyer who fancied a lime green Cortina mk3 GLS or such like. When I moved into the trade I remember doing a PDI on a 'new' car which was 2 years old and after that time it looked it. However the customer bought a 'new' car because the registration book said so. I know what system I prefer.
Years ago we stored fiats on the farm for a dealer about 50-60, when they arrived they had dents and scratches on nearly every car and would sit for up to a year with bear metal showing through

Then when they collected them the battery would be flat, so they would jump start them and rev the n*ts out of it for 10min to get a bit back in the battery
. Then to the body shop and here is you nice new car sir

Think I would rather wait for mine to be built

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thats good i gt mine in a week,exactly the model and colour we wanted sitting in the showroom,had the yeti 4 months now and love it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
HI CARLY
GLAD YOU LOVE YOUR YETI THEIR IS A NEW FACELIFT MODEL WHICH WILL HIT UK SHOWROOMS IN 2013- 2014 AND BY ALL REPORTS MY GO BY THE NAME OF BIGFOOT OR SNOWMAN ///// IF YOU CAN BELIVE IT

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
WRONG!!
The facelift model might be on sale next year. The modifications seem to be very mild. There is NO, repeat NO change of name planned. Bigfoot/Snowman was the guessed name for the extended wheelbase version that was proposed for the Chinese market, of which all news seems to have died.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thank you for your informative reply , one can only hope of body and engine spec changes in the future still like the guessed name bigfoot

1 - 18 of 18 Posts