Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi Gang, just a few things on my white 2 lt 110 4x4diesel.the arm rest box lid hasdefinitelygot an adjustable lid not only does it goforwardbut itratchetsup,
just lift slowly and it locks at about three settings and to release it just lift it up and lower to the box.
Off road, its been raining for a while so the ploughed fields are a mess but the yeti takes it all in its stride, I used the OFF ROAD BUTTON just to get practice for when i need it in earnest butwasn'tneeded.
Snow, We have had the first bit with no problemscan not fault the car at all we are going to Yorkshire tomorrow so I will let you know if thing are ok.
Drawbacks? one, the cab steams up a bit when left for a minute or two, OK its not that bad a thing but you arestationeryfor a few minutes until defrost/misted
Fuel, its getting better all the time, as soon as it has to go for a service I will Clarkson fill it to find the fuel consumption.
as soon as the radio 2 says the Cat and Fiddle is blocked with snow I will see you up there at noon

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Hi do you run the air con all the time, I run the climate control on auto second setting,recirculate on auto and air con on. Only alter the temp setting and never get problems with misting as the air con removes themoisturefrom the air entering and in the cabin. Edited by: wakev

·
Administrator
13,429 Posts
The climate control is good in the summer when it lowers the temprature adjusting the fan speed as required, but in the winter it seems to wait until the engine warms up before blowing air through the vents which means that until it does the screen mists up. My last car had just aircon which meant I could switch on the aircon and put the heater on at the same time and the dry air would clear the screen instantly, this is something you can't do with the Yeti climate control as it is too "clever".If you set the temperature for 19 or 20 degrees it wont blow air through at a lower temperature and waits for the engine to warm up.

·
Registered
90 Posts
yes Hood, i found that, but on a long winter run once the car is at norm temp no martter how nuch you turn temp down it still blows warm/hot air and the only way stop it is turn every thing off. but still i will work on it and get it sorted.
Off road again up in Yorkshire the ice us still there and we webt cross country on tracks where no gritter have been the car did good in everry way ran out of time to snap the ribblehead viaduct but will get it next time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts