Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a walk and a drive in the Dales today. While leaning over for my OS maps I leant on the armrest and it slid forward!! well I never, didn't know it did that- only had the beastie for 3 months and I'm still finding things out

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Pull it up slowly and it will lock at about 4 different heights to
pull it all the way to the top and it will drop to the lowest setting again

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes all these things are in the instruction book but you are never quite sure if it relates to your model!Found out today if you press the steering wheel volume control for a long press the radio comes on and off with another loooooong press all clever stuff.
John

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've had mine since July and only just discovered it had 'hill hold control'. And it's a 1.2 petrol. Found out by re-reading the sales brochure. Very useful as I have a drive on an upward slope.

·
Registered
222 Posts
johntech said:
Yes all these things are in the instruction book but you are never quite sure if it relates to your model!Found out today if you press the steering wheel volume control for a long press the radio comes on and off with another loooooong press all clever stuff.
John
Thanks Johntech,
That's a new one for me and I'm on my second Yeti - they were right at school - I must be a technical illiterate!!
Shanco

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
I downloaded the online manual and printed out a few of the more technical pages with the tricky stuff on them. I keep them in the glove box for a quick reference when I (quite often) need to reread the instructions. The manual is too much to absorb in one reading.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
54 Posts
johntech said:
Found the little switch on the rear door pillar today. Have you?It appears to turn of the burglar alarm. A very strange place to put it !
John
I know what that does as this Forum told me! If you're putting the vehicle on a ferry then if you push that little button it switches off that bit of the alarm which is sensitive to movement so as the ferry goes up and down and you're turning green then the alarm won't go off but the vehicle is locked.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I have a feeling, but can't be sure that one press of remote to lock car also sets alarm, a second press leaves car locked but deactivates interior alarm. Go on then someone, tell me I'm wrong!

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
igg said:
I have a feeling, but can't be sure that one press of remote to lock car also sets alarm, a second press leaves car locked but deactivates interior alarm. Go on then someone, tell me I'm wrong!

No no no your wrong

YOUR RIGHT.

But you did say tell me I,m wrong

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Everyone,
Just noticed that on the drivers centre pillar, facing in opposite the seat backrest and seat top (ish) there is a switch. Haven't had time to study the manual yet, so can anyone tell me what this switch does?
Peri.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
It turns off the interior monitoring and motion sensors, so you can lock it with a dog, kids, wife
, inside. if you double press the lock button on the remote it will do the same thing, plus it will still let the doors open from the inside, this is the best option if you have anyone in the car, one push deadlocks the doors and cannot be opened from the inside. The button is very useful on a ferry stops the alarm going off constantly.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks for the question and the answer on thiis. I've been pressing the lock twice since I had a VW Golf plus before my Yeti. I thought first press was lock, two presses was dead lock and the button on the pillar was to deactivate the alarm.This will make the batteries in the key last twice as long now ...

·
Registered
266 Posts
And if you keep the remote lock button pressed it will close all the windows and the sunroof if open also on the Elegance and L&K the door mirrors will fold back once the windows are closed.

Keith

·
Registered
67 Posts
KeithW said:
And if you keep the remote lock button pressed it will close all the windows and the sunroof if open also on the Elegance and L&K the door mirrors will fold back once the windows are closed.

Keith

Just tried it on our Yeti and that works as well.

... any other tricks, anyone?

1 - 20 of 206 Posts