Yeti Owners Club banner

181 - 200 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
So, after only about 15yrs of owning multiple Skoda/Seat & VW, I discovered summat about the central locking switch.

I never realised that a long press of unlock would drop all 4 windows, in the same way the button on the fob does.

(Muchly the same converse wise with the lock & up).

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Never too old to learn, that's my motto!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Never too old to learn, that's my motto!!
I Wish I could remember all these new things I learn from the experts here

Reactions: Ruari

·
Registered
153 Posts
Arriving home I parked in my garage - yes people in NZ do use their garages for other than junk storage - and as usual left the car unlocked. Returning to the car a couple of hours later I found that it was locked and the mirrors were folded in. The key in your pocket pressing on the lock button problem no doubt !

So I opened the car using the usual button on the key fob without a problem and the door mirrors dutifully opened out again. Thirty seconds later the car locked itself again - as is usual if you didn't open the doors in between time but again the mirrors folded in. Haven't seen the latter happen before. So I opened the car on the fob but this time opened the door as well. Haven't had a repeat issue. Was this a fault or a case of I didn't know the Yeti did that?

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Seems logical that if the car re-locks if a door is not opened within the time limit it should return itself to its previous state, eg with mirrors in, as that was what was required when originally locked. If you did lock it inadvertently, you must have pushed the button in for several seconds to also fold in the mirrors.
This re-locking is also a protection against pressing the button to unlock the car in error in your pocket, by only leaving the car unlocked for at most 30 seconds or so. (I thought it was 15 seconds, never actually checked though?)

·
Premium Member
5,681 Posts
I opened the car using the usual button on the key fob without a problem and the door mirrors dutifully opened out again.

I have never had the mirrors unfold when unlocking, only when starting the car.

·
Administrator
14,216 Posts
If the mirrors have been folded with the remote, when the door is unlocked a long press of the remote button unlocks the doors and unfolds the mirrors. If you are not knowingly holding the button for longer than normal, could the button on your remote be sticking or the remote malfunctioning? Try locking and folding the mirrors with the remote being used now, then use the other remote to unlock and see what happens.

·
Registered
200 Posts
If the mirrors have been folded with the remote, when the door is unlocked a long press of the remote button unlocks the doors and unfolds the mirrors.
You had me doubting my memory there so I just went out to check. Holding the unlock button on mine simply unlocks the doors, then opens all the windows. As I thought, and as Urrell stated the mirrors only unfold when the ignition is turned on.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hi wiggle,

No need to apologise we've all had to learn the forums quirks.

All you need to do to reply to a specific post is find the post you want to respond to, hit the Quote box within that post and this will display the post you want to reply to at the top of your reply. (You can also edit the post you are replying at this point to to cut it down to the relevant part you want to respond to).Then just add your response underneath and then hit submit reply. The quoted post will appear with a darker background in your reply with the name of the person who posted it. Check out the replys in the previous page to see what it looks like.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Hi wiggle,

No need to apologise we've all had to learn the forums quirks.

All you need to do to reply to a specific post is find the post you want to respond to, hit the Quote box within that post and this will display the post you want to reply to at the top of your reply. (You can also edit the post you are replying at this point to to cut it down to the relevant part you want to respond to).Then just add your response underneath and then hit submit reply. The quoted post will appear with a darker background in your reply with the name of the person who posted it. Check out the replys in the previous page to see what it looks like.
Quick Reply does the same thing, but you have to tick the Options box (bottom left) before hitting "Post Quick Reply" to get the previous posters post to display.

·
Premium Member
5,444 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Quick Reply does the same thing, but you have to tick the Options box (bottom left) before hitting "Post Quick Reply" to get the previous posters post to display.
Hi Rauri, just testing

Reactions: Ruari
181 - 200 of 216 Posts