Yeti Owners Club banner

161 - 180 of 216 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,027 Posts
If it has one of these fitted it's a HE:wink:
Goldfinger's photo reinforces my view that Yetis are extremely virile and very butch. If our Viktor was human he'd smoke Capstan full strength, drink Bull's Blood by the gallon and make love five times a night.

Reactions: Mizzcheef

·
Registered
662 Posts
If our Viktor was human he'd smoke Capstan full strength, drink Bull's Blood by the gallon and make love five times a night.
By gum Jimmy that takes me back only I preferred tripe and pig's trotters with a drizzle of bulls blood (I wish):wink:

·
Registered
267 Posts
You have lived my dream of the Tour, maybe we will swap clever tips one year
That was back in 2014 when the Tour de France came to Yorkshire. My brother, who's a keen cyclist, and I checked out the route a few weeks earlier and decided on the viewing points for the two days the Tour was close to us. As roads were closed for the race we had to get to our first viewing point before midnight, hence trying to sleep in the car! There were about 30 people when we arrived but about 10,000 when we tried to leave. I'm not a cyclist but the whole event was brilliant with a good sense of humour from the crowd, cheering anyone on a bike.

In 2017 the Tour de Yorkshire passed very close to where we live so we watched it at the Cote de Shibden on a sharp uphill corner. No problem for the competitors but one of the motorcyclists in the entourage fell over on the corner. My brother was pleased to see himself on the TV when we watched the recording later!

You've made the right choice of car. I'm on my second Yeti and after seeing my first one my brother bought one!

Keith

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Got the car out the garage yesterday, DSG into 'N' engine off and tried to take the key out.Not a chance. Trying to find that in the handbook is a PAIN.
Found that the DSG has to be in 'P' or the key won't come out.
I can see it's all about safety but, that's the sort of info I would like at the front of the book.
Still at least I don't have to press the brake pedal to start the car.
Seems the bonnet won't open unless DSG is in 'P' and the handbrake is firmly applied.
Its an old post, ha and an old call, but perhaps new to some on here;

https://youtu.be/JMJhOSdxQVg?list=RDeEjrQ__1lpo

·
Administrator
14,212 Posts
Awww. I miss Rolymo.:sad:
Rolymo has not been around since 13/09/18, from memory he had been a happy chappie with the "fix" on his Yeti. Then he had to claim for repairs with an emissions related failure, and then later on it seemed that he was having a second round of trouble possibly related to the "fix". Perhaps he has got rid of his Yeti, I hope not as even his avatar used to make me smile.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Goldfinger's photo reinforces my view that Yetis are extremely virile and very butch. If our Viktor was human he'd smoke Capstan full strength, drink Bull's Blood by the gallon and make love five times a night.
Well mine's a she, Esme, and as far as I'm concerned, it would be her broomstick!

·
Registered
389 Posts
That was back in 2014 when the Tour de France came to Yorkshire. My brother, who's a keen cyclist, and I checked out the route a few weeks earlier and decided on the viewing points for the two days the Tour was close to us. As roads were closed for the race we had to get to our first viewing point before midnight, hence trying to sleep in the car! There were about 30 people when we arrived but about 10,000 when we tried to leave. I'm not a cyclist but the whole event was brilliant with a good sense of humour from the crowd, cheering anyone on a bike.

In 2017 the Tour de Yorkshire passed very close to where we live so we watched it at the Cote de Shibden on a sharp uphill corner. No problem for the competitors but one of the motorcyclists in the entourage fell over on the corner. My brother was pleased to see himself on the TV when we watched the recording later!

You've made the right choice of car. I'm on my second Yeti and after seeing my first one my brother bought one!

Keith
Keith,
My little ol' heart was going reading that. I met the 2012 Olympic off road team in Rayleigh Essex, when the cycling was in Hadleigh.
Never even thought of cycling til I met them. The sheer energy, health and vitality as well as good nature them emanated from them was palpable. Started watching La Tour by accident when Wiggo won. The End.
Got a new unused standard gear bike indoors, not ridden a bike for over 18 years!
The entire community thing gets me. Yeah, I know the French can be boisterous, but it's so crowd positive.
Plan the route, demi pension ahead, meet new folk, practice my languages, can't think of anything better.
Also, thank you for your opinion. If she is anything like my little Mazda, who still has loads to offer at 19 and 91000 miles, I will keep Esme and not keep exchanging up.

·
Premium Member
4,027 Posts
I was looking at the Amundsen media player screen today and idly swept a finger across the small icon showing the album cover and a selection of my albums appeared, enabling me to select another choice (Travelling Wilburys as it happened) which is so clever. Whatever next is waiting to be found?

·
Registered
267 Posts
And a sense of humour, calling their first album volume one and the second volume three.

Volume two is a DVD on the Travelling Wilbury's Collection.

Keith

·
Registered
28 Posts
Or maybe it is an electrical fault ? only kidding!,

·
Premium Member
4,027 Posts
Seen on Wheeler Dealers yesterday: to confirm the date of manufacture look at the label on the seatbelt.

·
Administrator
14,212 Posts
Mine was "born" on 07/01/2012 the seatbelt says 2010, with a five and a half month wait from order to delivery that is not the case with mine.

I will be having to replace the drivers seat belt soon as the edge is beginning to fray. I had to replace the drivers belt on the Mazda and it took three months to arrive, I hope the Yeti seatbelt doesn't walk all the way here.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
I was following a vehicle today and it had a max speed sign on it that was kmph, i glanced at my speedo and there are no kmph only mph.
This is the first vehicle that i have drove in many years that only shows mph.

Obviously must be difficult to drive in Europe unless you have a calculator speed memory!

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Do you not have kph shown digitally in the lower right section of the central “maxidot” display? I thought that was standard on UK spec cars? Or has yours been switched off?

You need both displayed when criss-crossing back and forth over the NI to RoI border. That many people do on a daily basis.

Reactions: Dutchman

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Oop's! I had a bit of brain freeze there.

I must have been stunned that the speedo dial did not display kmph that i completely forgot that it's constantly displayed in the maxidot (Doh! how many threads have been on here about that display and wanting mph showing!!!!!)

·
Premium Member
4,027 Posts
Today I was putting all the personal contents of Vik in a carrier bag, when I saw an umbrella in a 'container' under the front passenger seat. It was only when I read the handbook that I found out how to retrieve it!

161 - 180 of 216 Posts