Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the Adventure for about 6 weeks and throughout that time it appeared to me that the headlights were not as bright as my previous Yeti nor my wife's Citigo.

This afternoon I took it back to the dealership to check if anything was awry or was it just 'old age eyes'. The 'problem' was diagnosed as H4 55W bulbs being fitted as opposed to the H7s which I am told are fitted to the Citigo and the rest of the Skoda range. A trip to Halfords and a brighter H4 bulb appears to have done the trick.

I don't know if my previous Yeti had H7s but I cerainly didn't find the lights as yellow as on the Adventure.

Whether Skoda are fitting H4s on the 'run out' specials I don't know but would be graeful if the more knowledeable would comment.

Shanco

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
They have always been H4 I fitted the nightbreaker + to mine not long after delivery, much better.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Wakev,
I'll continue with the bulbs I've bought from Halfords for the meantime but will probably source, at a later date, the Nightbreakers you advised.
Shanco

·
Administrator
13,046 Posts
Eurocarparts have recently had an offer on several different versions of Nightbreakers. They always have promotions and are worth keeping an eye on.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Shanco said:
I don't know if my previous Yeti had H7s but I cerainly didn't find the lights as yellow as on the Adventure.

Whether Skoda are fitting H4s on the 'run out' specials I don't know but would be graeful if the more knowledeable would comment.
Shanco
The Yeti has always had H4 bulbs, excluding the Xenons of course. They are quite common and have two filaments 55/60W, for low/high beam. H7's look similar but only contain one 55W filament.
+1 for the Night Breakers, they are worth getting.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Night Breakers come in H7's as well if you want to go all the way and change out the foggies as well as the headlights. Having been to the UK a while back and seeing what a British winter fog is like I think you could use all the help you can get. The -16 C wasn't fun either.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I've just updated my standard stock bulbs to Osram Night Breaker Unlimited which i believe is the latest version of these bulbs. I would recommend them fully and if anyone else is interested, this is the chepest seller I could find and I've ordered two sets with no issues! I will think about getting the H7's now...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts