Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I currently have a skoda octavia - 10 years old - never had any issues.

It's time to upgrade and I have seen and test driven the skoda yeti

I was going to buy the Skoda yeti Urban - but it was all sold by the time I enquired ****.. for the spec and price really missed out :-(

Now given no Urban I have decided on the 2 wheel drive 2.0 se plus model. It has all teh gismos I want and its in my price range.

However, was about to go ahead and then saw some news that skoda are intending to release a new face lift skoda yeti in 2013...

So the question is doI wait - as I say the Urban was the model Iwanted given that it had great spec plus the more up-to-date sat nav and all important dab.

So what are all your views.

Thanks

·
Registered
290 Posts
Go find the best deal now.
The facelift when it arrives will probably only be front bumper and grill and a price hike.
I'm sure superskoda will have all the bits to update the look to the new facelift as soon as it comes out.

·
Administrator
13,465 Posts
The facelift looks minor, there might be a drop inused prices due to a rush of owners changing their Yetias with iphone owners, there might not. The facelift would probably mean a price hike and no discounts, it might also mean Skoda have a pre-launch clearance sale putting extras on normal models and calling it urban 2 they might not. You could wait for ever (if you want a new one you will anyway) if you see one you like go for it, you already regret missing the urban.

Here's a used urban http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2012-Skoda-Yeti-1-2-TSI-105bhp-Urban-5-Dr-White-/370640216915?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item564be0e353
Edited by: The Hood

·
Registered
28 Posts
The white used urban is only a couple of hundred quid short of the list price,Hunt around for a 2lt diesel, there must be some small time garage still with one,
Try one of the Scottish dealers, I got mine in April from Ingram motors in Ayr Ayrshire it was one of the first sent out to the dealers to show off but they let me take it out of showroom after a few days before any others arrived, The sales bloke told me they had pre ordered 12 urbans so you never know

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi

Thanks for that pointer on the Urban. Emailed Ingram motors to see if they have any Urbans in stock the 2.0 version.

Will keep you posted.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would wait until the new facelift pictures surface.
If it looks cack get a good deal on the last of the old shape.
If it looks great get a new-new car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I did just that with my last motor a VW Passat estate, wanted the new model but could only get a S spec for my money which was a bit crap "tech and interior wise" so got the last of the old shape in the 130bhp highline gise fully loaded with all the left over bits in the parts bins they couldnt put on the new model. i think i got the better deal.

·
Administrator
13,465 Posts
Mine came from Rainworth via skodastore.com they gave me a good discount on the car and all the extras that I asked for, they also deliver free of charge anywhere in the country(I went up and collected). Jeremy was very good and kept all of his promises, mine was an order from the factory and actualy arrived a couple of weeks early. If you do buy from them and decide to collect, tell them as you are collecting and saving them money you want a tank of fuel in return. One other tip, check how many keys they give you, both mine got locked in the car outside the showroom when it self locked, they probably still remember it/me!!! I bet they don't get many four and a half hour handovers!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I my case the distance from Rainworth to my home is about 6 miles so I didn't push for fuel. I think I will ask them to collect us from home so we can drive away together rather than Mrs 33q following.I hope mine arrives next week...mind you I said that last week. I did offer to fetch it from Grimsby myself!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts