Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wondered what people here thought of Android Auto or Apple CarPlay in their Yetis? Did you choose it as an option, have it enabled later or have no interest in it?

Although my second-hand Yeti didn't come with it enabled, I paid a dealership to enable Android Auto. I concede that it's an overpriced adjustment. My Yeti doesn't have built-in satnav, but Google Maps is far better than the built-in sat navs I've tried in other cars, so I'd have made the same decision regardless. As well as using the touchscreen, I can say OK Google or press the voice control button to, for example, use Google Assistant, control Google Maps, play music from Spotify or stream radio stations through TuneIn.

They're small things, but all in all it makes the Yeti feel like a much more modern and up to date car. The graphics look much more fresh than the standard interface. A trivial but fun example; I have a smart bulb in my outside light at home. I usually have it on a dim setting overnight, but if I arrive back home late I can ask Google to turn the light to full brightness while I'm reversing in, to help see where I'm going.

It's also really nice to not fuss about with a screen mount for my phone, I can just plug it in with a cable and tuck it in the slot in front of the gear lever.

From what I've seen, both Android Auto and CarPlay are included by default in newer Skodas, which is great. The Yeti seems to straddle that crossover period - the low placement of the screen compared to modern cars being a clear indication of its lesser importance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Corvus,
I'm picking my 2017 Yeti up on Friday and I really hope it is active. It wasn't a consideration when I picked the car but I had used Andriod Auto in my work cars and it's super useful/ a lot better than built in SatNavs.
Not sure I'll fork out for it (about £150 according to another forum member) as I've done without it so far and can put up with a phone holder, but fingers crossed I get lucky.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope yours has it, Fugs. I paid about £150 too, which seems a hugely overinflated price, but is the only option as far as I'm aware. At least you've tried it for yourself already so you can make an informed decision.

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
I paid to enable it but now hardly ever use it as the built in sat nav is much better than via the phone. Indeed I now let the phone connect by blutooth rather than cable as I even prefer to make and receive calls that way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts