Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Yeti 1.2 TSI SE Outdoor (Moon White Met) Heated front/rear screen, heated seats and sat nav
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Can anyone tell me what type of bulbs I need?

Main headlights on a face-lift with halogen bulbs??

If anyone can tell me let me know?

Happy Yetiying!

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Each headlight has two H7 bulbs, one for dip and one for main beam.

Reactions: Llanigraham

·
Premium Member
Kia Niro HEV2 and MG Midget
5,968 Posts
What he says ^ ^ ^ ^

·
Premium Member
Yeti Outdoor 2017 SEL TDi150 4x4 Manual
7,606 Posts
The pre-facelift / classic Yeti used twin-filament H4 halogen headlamp bulbs. For combined dip and main beam.

Which I suspect is why you may find both H4 and H7 listed as “fits Yeti”, or have both come up in a product search if looking for “Yeti headlamp bulbs”.

·
Registered
2016 Yeti 1.2 TSI SE Outdoor (Moon White Met) Heated front/rear screen, heated seats and sat nav
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Excellent thank you all for the help. Reckon I can change them without needing a headlight alignment?? 😋

·
Premium Member
Yeti Outdoor 2017 SEL TDi150 4x4 Manual
7,606 Posts
Yup. Just take care to ensure the new bulbs are seated correctly in the back of the housings. :)

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Excellent thank you all for the help. Reckon I can change them without needing a headlight alignment?? 😋
Definitely. I replaced all 4 bulbs in mine just a couple of weeks ago. 'Tis a bit fiddly with only a little room behind the access caps.
Pull the bulb plug straight out and there's just enough spare wire to get it out of the lamp unit. Remove old bulb and fit the new one. Don't touch the glass envelope with bare pinkies.
The alignment recess is at the top of the bulb holder so you can orient it more or less correctly before trying to clip it in position correctly. Look into the headlight unit from the front to see where the bulb is in relation to its seat. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts