Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm Vince. Just taken delivery of our new Yeti 1.2 S DSG. Drove down from Mansfield dealer to Home near the New Forest. Seems like a great little car, love the gearbox and for such a small engine, it goes very well.
On a negative note, just bought the Skoda dog guard from our local dealer, and find it requires cutting 2 x 22mm holes in the rear side trim and 2 x 24mm holes in the roof lining, also 2 special tools to fit the fixings into the bodywork. A lot of work! I then inquired how much to have it fitted, and they said 2 1/2 hours labour, that is £225. So add on the £108 for the item and you get a total of £343 for a dog guard - ridiculous!! I am taking it back and getting something from Amazon.

·
Administrator
13,632 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. I'm afraid I do not have a dog so cannot comment on your guard but it looks like we both used the same dealer. My drive back to Berkshirefrom Rainworth was in the pitch dark inheavy rain during the rush hour but I loved every minute, how was yours. I assume you dealt with Jeremy he is very good. Here's to many enjoyable miles with your snow monster how about some pictures.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,Yes it was Rainworth, but Richard Hollis, bought through Auto e-bid. We stayed a couple of nights near Matlock and treated ourselves to a short break, then drove home at a leisurley pace during the day. This is only a second car, hence the lower spec, but we wanted a rugged smallish car for driving over tracks in the New forest, walking the dog. Seems just the ticket.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts