Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well finally home and had time to reflect on a truly great trip even with a few ups and down. This fine little car with all we asked it to do and more was above my expectation.We ran up over eight thousand Kay's and for those of you that have not driven in Australia possibly can not appreciate what we expect our cars to do.Anyway we will pull it apart this weekend and clean it.That all for now........

P U GDown under

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Pug, I was wandering how the sketi coped with all the dust on its outback trip. Did the door seals cope OK or was their some dust ingress into the cabin? If so, was it a little or a lot?
Thanks

·
Registered
268 Posts
I must say that very little get's into Yodo.He's one of the few motor's I've owned that does'nt need dusting inside every couple of day's to keep him looking spick n span inside.My old Focus used to get full of the stuff after a couple of hundred klms during the summer month's.Just need's a quick brush down the leading edge of the front door seal and around the front hinges once a week.The worst area affected is the top of the rear door appature.Does'nt get into the interior though.All up pretty dust tight.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The amount of dust that entered the Skoda was minimal . There were pockets here and there especially in cargo area.Compared to my jeep it was very very easy to clean.
.We put air condition on the cabin recycling and I think that helped.We leave in a month for another small trip while the weather is cool.

PUG

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Thanks for that guys. It seems that the Yetis can cope well with dust. I look at minimum dust ingress as a sign of a well designed vehicle.
I have always closed the windows, put the selector to fresh air and put the fan on to high. The idea is to create a positive pressure inside the cabin, but on a badly designed vehicle even this has its effective limits.

Edited by: plbxr

1 - 5 of 5 Posts