Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any of you Yeti owners(or other makes)have any problems with their DPF(Diesel Particulate Filters) this may help.I have not used the services of the company below but thought that it may be a more cost effective way to "cure" your problem.
I contacted a company called Ceramex who clean DPFs and asked them a few questions.
They tell me that a "clean" will cost between £250 & £300, however,you will need a garage to remove and refit the DPF along with the resetting of the DPF light.
Ceramex services are available nationally & are available through Unipart Automotive, Parts Alliance members & soon possibly Quick-Fit. Unipart web site:http://uccc.co.uk helps find your nearest dealer.
Most filters cleaned the same day.
Filter report will show airflow, weight in & weight removed after cleaning.
Apparently their process removes Both SOOT & ASH. (they say many only remove SOOT as ASH will not burn off in a forced regeneration.
Ceramexweb site is: www.ceramex.com
To repeat, I have not used them but they were very helpful & quick to respond to my enquiries.

Edited by: JOOKS

·
Premium Member
5,326 Posts
Well in nearly 80k miles I have had NO problems with the DPF on my car.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
....... and I very much hope that it stays that way.I tend to be one for keeping "a just in case I need it" file to hand so added this!

Edited by: JOOKS

·
Registered
55 Posts
HelloI have had problems with Citroen DPF's and I think a quick "google" will find you a replacement cheaper than your company!
John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts