Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does theDriver fatigue sensor work?I was thinking of adding this as I have a tendencyto feel sleepy whendriving alone.

Ken

·
Registered
471 Posts
blother said:
Driver fatigue sensor?Ken
I was thinking of getting a Driver Fatigue sensor on mine but in the end I was just too knackered to tick the options box!

This willgo down asthe most unhelpful repy of the year so far ............
Sorry Ken but waiting a long time for a Yeti does this to some people,(well-me) I am sure that you will get some rather more considered opinions soon enough - Have a very YETTIChristmas.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
If it is the same as mine then it is just a timer that warns you after a couple of hours of continuous driving to take a break. I have switched mine off so I don't know how effective it is.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
368 Posts
Think it's the horn going off when your head hits the steering wheel after dosing off?

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Rolymo said:
Think it's the horn going off when your head hits the steering wheel after dosing off?
Your were ment to follow up my reply with a helpful one not pander to my daft sense of humour!
... oh dearSWMBO & Istill laughing at your reply

JOOK & DUTCHESS ..........!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Rolymo said:
Your were ment to follow up my reply with a helpful one not pander to my daft sense of humour!
... oh dearSWMBO & Istill laughing at your reply

JOOK & DUTCHESS ..........!
aka The Candy man.

Edited by: JOOKS

·
Registered
730 Posts
No chance of me falling asleep with "her indoors" at the side of me - rabbit rabbit rabbit - bunny bunny bunny!!!

·
Administrator
5,157 Posts
Sorry Guys but here is a sensible response. The description of the system by VW is Fatigue Detection

The driver Fatigue Detection system automatically analyses the driving characteristics and if they indicate possible fatigue, recommends that the driver takes a break. The system continually evaluates steering wheel movements along with other signals in the vehicle on motorways and others roads at speeds in excess of 65 km/h, and calculates a fatigue estimate. If fatigue is detected, the driver is warned by information in the Multi-function Display and an acoustic signal. The warning is repeated after 15 minutes if the driver has not taken a break. Fatigue Detection cannot replace the driver's attentiveness. The driver is still legally responsible for the vehicle and therefore determining whether or not they are fit to drive. A driving time of 15 minutes is required in order to assess the driver correctly. The functionality of the system is restricted given a sporty driving style, winding roads and poor road surfaces."

It's a more recent option so I am not sure if any member has it fitted but if so maybe they will come along and post some practical experience of it.

Now I am going back to sleep!

·
Administrator
14,898 Posts
SnowGood said:
Sorry Guys but here is a sensible response. The description of the system by VW is Fatigue Detection

The driver Fatigue Detection system automatically analyses the driving characteristics and if they indicate possible fatigue, recommends that the driver takes a break. The system continually evaluates steering wheel movements along with other signals in the vehicle on motorways and others roads at speeds in excess of 65 km/h, etc, etc, etc,etc,etc

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Behave zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz boys zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
It sounds like it would also work as a "few too many pints" detector

1 - 14 of 14 Posts