Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're just about to start driving home for Christmas (coincidentally about 2000 miles :) and we'll be listening to Spotify all the way, so feel please feel free to add to this playlist, to keep us entertained or awake, cheers!

http://open.spotify.com/user/11124114096/playlist/6gsg95Py6bulEdi2sG92b3

If you see a white Urban with a funny numberplate and the passenger driving, in the UK in the next couple of weeks, its probably us, so give us a wave :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Bolero, have a safe and relaxed trip - where you headed too?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.. From down here near Cadiz up to Kendal, via Northampton, Llanberis & Lancaster. I'm really looking forward to the drive as its my first opportunity to do any real miles in the Yeti... Just wish we had a spare wheel rather than a tin of gunk!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Blimey, the scenic route! Hope the weathers better than here, it's blowing a gale at the mo....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's nice here but its gonna get nastier norther I suspect. Luckily in a fortnight we'll be driving back down here...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers for the heads-up Hood. Monday is scheduled to be a rest day in Northampton, just as well!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all. Just got to Northampton, rest day tomorrow. Car has been faultless. Didn't see any other Yetis until one parked behind us in the ferry queue!

·
Administrator
14,898 Posts
bolero said:
Didn't see any other Yetis until one parked behind us in the ferry queue!

So did the obligatory wave take place, and if so was it acknowledged (or even a hello)?

Travel disruption expected today, and the further north you go the stronger the winds will be. Good luck and have a good Christmas.

·
Registered
222 Posts
bolero said:
Thanks.. From down here near Cadiz up to Kendal, via Northampton, Llanberis & Lancaster. I'm really looking forward to the drive as its my first opportunity to do any real miles in the Yeti... Just wish we had a spare wheel rather than a tin of gunk!
Have a safe journey bolero.
The weather forecast is pretty bad although I think your concern of only having a tin of gunk isn't as important as the lack of paddles to combat the floods that seem imminent.

Enjoy your Christmas break and please spare a thought for us enduring our weather when you retun to the Spanish sunshine.
Shanco

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hi BoleroI hope that your journey has been enjoyable.
Spare wheel is not that important in my view today but may I respectfully suggest you strap an outboard motor to the rear tailgate!
+ Why not beat The Hoods MPG figuresby raising a sail! Wind power - oh yes. (as long as you can tack up the M6!

·
Registered
73 Posts
weather not too bad up this end....just a normal winter gale.

brian

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the encouragement... Never have my wipers worked so hard! Wow. And I had to scrape the windscreen! Wales on Boxing day... Great car - thanks Skoda :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well we're back safe and well. 4211 miles in 13 days

The Yeti was trouble-free throughout. Not a single hiccup! Wow.

However, I hate the gearbox. Reverse is a lottery and has to be engaged oh-so-slowly and the gate is too heavily sprung from 6th to 3rd (IMO).

And there is not enough handy interior stowage for everything a couple of people need on the road what with electronics and refreshments and documents etc but I suppose that is due to airbags taking up so much room... Citroen do it better however. That's really all I can complain about. The longest individual drive was 913 miles with 3 coffee / fuel stops plus 1 for food and even then I was not (overly) suffering from fatigue or aches/pains. Very very good.

Saw loads of Yetis in the UK, none in France and 2 in Spain.

Consumption:

Oil:3rd of a dipstick
Water: From Max to Min
Air: 1 psi per tyre (really!)
Screenwash: 1 Litre (the spray pattern is very economical it seems)
Petrol: Scary.

Now I need to get a towbar....

·
Administrator
5,158 Posts
Well done Bolero.

Sorry that we couldn't have had better weather for you to enjoy on your long drive.

·
Administrator
14,898 Posts
Glad you made it in one piece, ref the gear change, I have never had any difficulty finding reverse and don't find the springing to the central position particularly heavy. I wonder if it might be worth mentioning it to your dealer, and when he is not looking try the gear change in another Yeti.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Interesting stats Bolero, thanks. We're going up to Scotland to visit some of the smaller islands later in the year, don't expect to do quite so many miles, it will be an interesting comparison.

Pleased you got back safe and sound.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Hood.. Is the reverse selection the same on yours as mine? Mine involves pressing down and then a dog leg left and up from neutral? I think my problem may also be having to do this with my right arm as the car is a left hooker and so I am not particularly used to it. I am perhaps more used to a lift-up collar on the stick.. this is more like stirring custard :). I will try another Yeti when I see one - Good idea!

As for the weather - To be honest it was epic. Even though my Yeti is only a 2WD 1.2 I thought (perhaps mistakenly) that whatever the weather did the car would be up to it, and so it proved. When we first arrived at Santander on the way up and watched the crew removing some vehicles that had been damaged in the crossing from Portsmouth it was a little worrying but one of the deckhands explained that now at least they knew how rough it was going to be and would load the boat appropriately, The sailing after ours never made it back to Santander and gave up and went to Caen. Our return also didnt made it back to Spain and dropped us off in France too, hence the long drive...

Anyway thanks for the best wishes, I'm doing again in March with the motorbike on the trailer behind (once I get the towbar) so the fuel consumption will be even worse. Hopefully the weather will be better.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts