Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

new to the Yeti although not Skoda, my recent Yeti purchase 2015 SE Business 4x4 has the face-lifted headlights (halogen) i want to upgrade the DRL bulbs to dual filament LED bulbs, my question is is it possible to get access to these bulbs and if there are any tips?

thanks in advance

Dave

·
Premium Member
Kia Niro HEV2 and MG Midget
5,799 Posts
I'm confused.
LED's don't have filaments, so how can they be dual filament?

To get at them, there is a black rubber circular cover on the back of the headlight body. Remove that and you can get to the bulbs.

And a warning, you are very likely to get a Bulb Warning note when you fit these, often even with the so-called CanBus safe units. Either you will have to fit resistors in the circuit, and these need to be placed where there is plenty of ventilation as they get HOT, or you can try to alter the car's coding with VCDS to allow LEDs for that circuit.

·
Premium Member
2015 Elegance Greenline II
6,893 Posts
To get at them, there is a black rubber circular cover on the back of the headlight body. Remove that and you can get to the bulbs.

Are they not in but under the headlamps?

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
I'm sure I've read that you get to them through the same rubber "bung" as the headlight bulb, but if not then they are only just underneath there and will be accessible from the same area

Reactions: Bigfootdave

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm confused.
LED's don't have filaments, so how can they be dual filament?

And a warning, you are very likely to get a Bulb Warning note when you fit these, often even with the so-called CanBus safe units. Either you will have to fit resistors in the circuit, and these need to be placed where there is plenty of ventilation as they get HOT, or you can try to alter the car's coding with VCDS to allow LEDs for that circuit.
Sorry, I meant the 2 level brightness LED's, the incandescent ones are dual filament, I have fitted them to my previous car (VW Jetta) without issue but it sounds like a bit of a faf tbh.

thanks for the info though

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
I'm sure I've read that you get to them through the same rubber "bung" as the headlight bulb, but if not then they are only just underneath there and will be accessible from the same area
The bulb is through that bung, its difficult to even see and you need a little hand to get to it.

I think it was my first question on here how to replace it, its below the headlamp bulb right at the bottom

The Skoda mechanic who replaced mine (FOC) said to get it out pull the wires to it and it comes out.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Hi Dutchman, do you know what bulb the DRL was?
Dave, no sorry.
It is not even listed in the handbook.

I even called two Skoda dealers and they gave me two different part numbers.
As i remember i think someone on here gave a parts diagram on the thread where i asked about replacing the drl, but it was not obvious, perhaps that is where the 2 Skoda dealers were confused as well.

The dealer i purchased my car from replaced it FOC that is why i have no receipt showing part number.

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
The DRL bulb on a pre-facelift car is a P13W.
The standard filament type are not cheap as they were not a commonly used bulb in Europe.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
The DRL bulb on a pre-facelift car is a P13W.
The standard filament type are not cheap as they were not a commonly used bulb in Europe.
https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/img/P/P12277-300.jpg?s=small
Philips HiperVision P13W Replacement DRL Bulb 12V/13W
Philips HiperVision P13W Replacement DRL Bulb 12V/13W

£14.99 inc VAT
Was £25.99
Availability: In Stock
Code: P12277
(5 based on 1 reviews)

Qty

FREE DELIVERY
ON ALL ORDERS OVER £20

FREE RETURNS
WITH OUR TRACKED RETURNS SERVICE

Description
Reviews
Techy Stuff
Delivery
The Philips P13W replacement bulb provides excellent manufacturing quality with superb design producing more light than many standard bulbs, there has been a significant increase in the product lifespan now lasting up to 400 hours.

Product details:

Voltage: 12V
Wattage: 13W
Application: DRL (Daylight Running Light)
Colour: White

Fits the following Vehicles
Audi A4 11/07->
Audi A4 Allroad 04/09->
Audi A4 Avant 04/08->
Audi Q5 11/08->
Hyundai i40 CW 07/11->
Hyundai i40 CW 07/11->
KIA SPORTAGE 07/10->
Mazda CX-7 11/06->
Mitsubishi ASX 02/10->
Nissan LEAF 11/10->
Peugeot 508 11/10->
Peugeot 508 SW 11/10->
Skoda YETI 05/09->

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
Good price!
Get 2.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Do resistors need to be fitted with these bulbs or is there no need to ?

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Do resistors need to be fitted with these bulbs or is there no need to ?
No they are like for like replacement

I am not 100% sure if the bulb Llanigraham quoted that fitted the pre facelift is the same as fitted to the FL as they are in different locations. But Skoda may not have altered the bulb when they up-graded the model, so could be the same.

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
Dutchman, the DRL bulbs fitted to the facelift Yeti are not the same ones. Sorry don't know what they are as mine has the LED strips.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
I have just found this on a piece of paper from the Skoda dealer, but i would definetly double check!!!!
Part number N 107 763 01 bulb carrier with bulb daytime running lights, there price was £24.83

A quick search with the part number on the net below gave that result, dont click into many of the "parts finder" sites as they are infected with virus!!!!!

Roll over image to zoom in
Lumro Original PW24W Replacement Daytime Running Lights DRL Bulb
by LUMRO
5.0 out of 5 stars 1 customer review
Price: £9.95 FREE delivery.
You could pay £0.00. Get a £20 gift card if approved for Amazon Platinum Mastercard. Representative 21.9% APR variable. 18+.
In stock.
Dispatched from and sold by Xenons4U Ltd.
1 new from £9.95
Lumro PW24W Original (Standard) Daytime Running Lights (DRL) Replacement bulb
PW24W DRL bulb's base: WP3.3x14.5/3. BMW part number: 63117359245, 7359245 Audi / VW: N 107 763 01, N10776301
PW24W Daytime Running Light bulbs is MOT friendly
24W Wattage, Standard yellowish colour. Perfect replacement bulb for expensive Philips brand
Suitable for many different vehicles such as: BMW F26 X4, F30, F31, F34 GT, F07 GT LCI Facelift, Mini F55, F56, F54, F57, VW Golf MK7 7, Passat CC, Citroen C4, Peugeot 208, Skoda Octavia MK3, Audi Q2, A3 8V, A4 B8 Facelift, A5 Facelift, Q3 8U, Volvo S60 & XC60.
› See more product details

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just replaced O/S bulb. Cuts and hacks to prove it
Automotive lighting Gas Fluorescent lamp Metal Ceiling fixture
Part No
VW N10776301
Ring. R12182 12V PW24W Hipervision Daytime Running Lamp
Prices range from under £10 eBay to over £40. got mine from local factor £26

1 - 19 of 19 Posts