Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just taken delivery of a Yeti elegance 1.2TS with the DSG 7 GEARBOX. I have only completed 150 miles and am getting a metallic clicking noise from the gearbox / clutch ? when starting off. The noise can be reproduced in 1st/2nd gear by gently pressing and releasing the accelerator pedal. The clicking is heard in both travel directions. It disappears when you move up the other gears. So far? I am a little concerned given the problems reported with this box in Japan China USA Australia and apparently now Europe/France.

·
Premium Member
4,743 Posts
I presume it is still under warranty?
Take it back to the dealers and get them to sort it out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is still under warranty. (Only 5 week's old) and I have booked it in to the dealers for resolution . I just wanted to see if anyone else had had a problem with this gearbox.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
I can't say that I have noticed this problem with mine, although other forums have similar posts about gearbox noises. Maybe it might be fixed with a simple software recalibration. Good luck and please let us know how things work out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello Harry, did you ever get this resolved ?I have a month old 2 Litre dsg that makes the same sort of noise.
One Yeti owner told me it was the twin clutch gearbox internals and was normal.
Another told me it was the anti lock brakes setting themselves or checking themselves.

Ken

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Kenob, Apologies to you and all who had an interest in my problems with the yeti DSG 7 speed gearbox clicking noise. My tardiness in responding was due to a very serious motorway accident.
I am glad to report that the problem was resolvedtotally after several very frustrating dealer visits, a road test where I reproduced the noise for the service staff andwithmy insistence that it was a gearbox issue and not noisy body panels,or a clicking turbo valve which I was told was normal.
The problem was afault with the GEAR BOXLINKAGEPOD.After attention the car reverted toIt's original silent and smooth operationand has remained so (6 moths later).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts