Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeti 140SE plus

The Yeti is three months old with 3k on the clock, I have noticed a slight knock on the transmition when reverse drive is taken up also the same knock when in D with the box either when it changes own from third to second or if when in second or third taking my foot off the accelerator.

To me it sounds maybe like uv joint problem or when universal joint starts to wear, anyway its due to go into the dealer on Friday so will let you know the out come, they have witnessed it today & said the transmition will need checking via computer plus they will check the drive units.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
I am sure the dealer will be able to sort it out for you. Please write back and let us know how things go.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I dont know if we are having the same issue, but mine has only done around 2000km but Ive noticed that when I put it in reverse and start rolling back as I turn Ive noticed that there is a small knock coming from the front on the right I think. Almost like something pops into place. It only happens once when I reverse. If I try it again it will not make a sound until the next day or two before I go to work again. I have no knocks as I travel so I dont think its related to DSG or gears. I will have it checked up at a skoda dealer and let you know if it was something wrong. Could be something related to my winter tyre/rim setup as I only had summer set for about a month before I changed and cant remember I heard anything then.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got back from the garage & its got them beat, had a computer to check the gearbox, checked the drive train out found nothing.

They have been in touch with Skoda who had suggested using a tool called a "chassis ear" which should identify the type of noise & its cause so it will be called in next week.

I will mention about the brakes but as I said this knock can be heard at lower speeds like when it changes down from 3 to 2.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts