Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been offered a DTUK CRD-t tuning box for a song, however it doesn't come with fitting instructions as it's been sat in a drawer for a while.

Does anyone have a scanned copy of the fitting instructions for a 2010 2.0l 110hp tdi, or can you point me at a website - I've only seen videos and instructions for cr170 motors, not the 110hp.

Does the 110hp fitting require the removal of the undertray?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Considering that the 110 and 170 are basically the same engine, have you tried fitting it in the same way?

·
Administrator
13,446 Posts
The one I had was non adjustable. Fuel consumption change was negligible, my 140 went like a scalded cat and as well as the power increase the power range was much wider. it gave the torque of a diesel with the power spread of a petrol engine.

·
Registered
121 Posts
TDUK, I've had a couple of their units, no problems to report. I had a fitting issue on a Peugeot coupe I gave them a call & they talked me thro' it all, very helpful guys. Cheers Dave Flack

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DTUK crd-t box fitting (the one with leads to common rail and turbo sensor), are these two the correct plugs ?
Secondly, can anyone assist with whether the common rail connector lead is lead no1 or no2 ?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,935 Posts
First pic. The plug at centre left (as you look at the photo) on the end of the injection fuel rail is definitely the pressure sensor connection.

I’m not sure what the “made in USA” gadget and connector above the oil filter actually is or does. Despite having moved it for every oil change. I don’t think it is the turbo boost valve position sensor though? I suspect that’s up at the back of the engine, on top of the turbo actuator body.

Can’t say about the leads. But don’t these things have unique shaped plugs and sockets? So they will only physically fit each to one location on the engine?

The one I tried for an earlier BMW did (have unique shaped plugs and sockets, that only fitted a specific plug on the engine loom). That caused about two dozen fault codes, four for each cylinder. So I removed it again after 3 days and gave it back.

·
Administrator
13,446 Posts
From memory there were two leads from the TDI tuning box that I had. I unplugged the lead from the left side of the engine when standing in front of it. That gave the socket on the left for one box lead, and the now trailing end of the original cable for the second box lead. The box was then tucked next to the battery and any trailing leads tidied up.
I did have a picture that i sent the new owner I will try and find it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks folks, I'm not going to fit the box until I'm certain which plug is which - the videos I've seen are all of cr170 motors which just don't look like mine !

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've seen a video that suggests the turbo sensor is down the bottom of the front of the engine, sort of behind the cooling fan ... this is the only sensor I can see without taking the undertray off

·
Administrator
13,446 Posts
I no longer have the picture with the box fitted, but this is where I connected mine. It had two connections and a long cable inside plastic trunking, with the box on the end. The two ends were connected at the left of the engine block with the "trunked" cable laid along the top of the engine and the box put next to the battery.

Mine was not a DTUK unit.

tb3.jpg The connection I used is at the left side of the engine

tb1.jpg This is the actual plug

tb2.jpg It has1, 2, 3 on the end of it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for taking these photos.
My DTUK box has 2 sets of leads, it's the second lead that goes to the turbo sensor that bothers me

1 - 20 of 31 Posts