Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I bet you did not know that your yeti is edible? Confused! Then read on!

I took our rather fab Greenline Elegance to the local dealer in Carlisle (Scotland/England Borders) to sort a rattle. This done, the technician asked me to come and have a look at what he had uncovered. Removing the plastic engine cover he showed me the tracks where some form of rodent was munching away at the foam sound insulation underneath. The extent of the damage was incredible. So far they haven't eaten anything essential but I guess its only a matter of time. Short of buying a garage or parking it miles from home (we live in the wilds) it's hard to know what to do? Any suggestions gratefully received!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi Solwayboy,
In our sheds we have 'plug in' electrical rodent deterent devices. They evidently let out a high frequency sound that ensures that our furry 'friends' stay away.
I don't know if you can get a 12v equivalent but it may be worth enquirying if such a gadget exists - the permanently 'on' 12v plug socket in the Yeti could power it.
Shanco

·
Premium Member
4,925 Posts
If you know anyone with ferrets, ask them if you can have some of their droppings, or urine soaked bedding and place that in the engine compartment.
Will need to be renewed quite often, but it does work; also worksagainst rats!

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
I found this remark in ETKA tonight attached to the entry on ignition leads. It seems Skoda are aware that their engine bays are liked by small creatures who like to bite:
"in the event of damage caused by marten bites, the 03f 103 935 (vw) or 03103 935 a (audi) cover can also be used as an option."

Edited by: plbxr

·
Administrator
4,639 Posts
Solwayboy. Any idea what creature may be causing this? I have had mice eating the sponge foam padding on a kiddies high chair stored in my loft, but wouldn't say it was a prime source of their diet by the amount eaten. You indicate a more serious taste for the foam.
You can get outdoor cat and squirrel deterrent's that may work. If you can identify the cause that would help. Some are electronic some like Lion Dung work on smell.
This site may offer some ideas
http://www.primrose.co.uk/pest-control-c-24.html?src=crumb

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, thank you all and keep them coming! We are off to France next week so I will put the solutions on hold for the moment. I am seriously impressed by the level of thinking and joking that you have given to the problem. I believe the problem is field mice as we also get them in the house. The most bizarre thing I have had was a dead baby rabbit crushed in between the engine interior and the battery. Our resident stoat (like ferret or weasel) must have been chasing it under the car and it took refuge in the engine compartment. I probably cooked it when giving the yeti a run! Bizarre!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts