Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HiI have a yeti which i have owned from new and treated well.I had my 2nd variable service today at 37k,running like a dream.On the way home from the lakes (to Sheffield),the coil light came on and the turbo dropped out on 3 occasions and this was followed by the engine block warning light coming on and staying on for about 40 miles of the journey.Everything seemed to be working and the temp was ok.this happened the next day also.I had booked the car in for it's service about 2 days before this happened at my local dealer.After gettin home and 3 days to go before the service,all was back to normal,with no warnings.I mentioned this problem at the service reception.I was advised by phone later in the day that the service was complete,but I needed a new EGR valve which was going to set me back,wait for it, £678!Is it gold plated?
My question is ,as the warning lights have not recurred,is it a computer glitch,which was a side issue as the doors were not all locking with the remote ,nor the trip being reset.Do I need a new part?,how do I know ,as the the report says "carried out daignostic check and found fault on exhaust gas recirculation valve(EGR),requires new EGR fitting £678".Would this have been pivked up if I had not mentioned it as she was behaving very well when she went in?
And if it needs replacing,why are the lights not showing?
very confused and unfortuately,although not stupid,have no idea of the what I should do.
Any comments would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
5,331 Posts
I would suggest the codes need reading to check exactly what is happening. If you are only on your second service I presume it is still under warranty.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Diesel EGR failures are a bit of a problem for several manufacturers and the VW 2.0 litre diesel is also affected, in particular some of the earlier models. If your vehicle is still under warranty then why are they quoting you a replacement price? Skoda are well aware of the problem as there has been several "updated" EGR systems released over the Yetis lifetime. You are not alone, as it has also occurred to some of this forums members as well. Here is a link that will help to answer your questions.

http://www.dogandlemon.com/articles/ownership-issues/general-egr-problems

Edited by: plbxr

1 - 4 of 4 Posts