Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
part of the spec of my Yeti i have ordered is electric fold mirrors, how do they work, will they fold automatically when i turn off the engine or do i need to manually fold them each time via a switch etc ?
thanks for the help
Paul

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
I think I'm right in saying that they can be folded by turning the mirrorswitch, or keeping the lock button on the remote pressed. And will unfold on unlocking the car with the remote.

·
Registered
267 Posts
They can be folded back by turning the mirror switch or holding the lock button on the remote as you said. Holding the lock button down will also close all the windows if they are open, then fold the mirrors back.

How they fold out depends on how they were folded back. If you use the mirror switch they will only fold out by turning the switch to one of the other positions with the ignition on. If they were folded with the remote they will open shortly after the ignition is turned on. My previous Octavia had them and there was virtually no delay when the ignition was turned on but onthe Yeti there is a short delay presumably to allow the engine to be started.

Keith

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats good, i wanted to be able to fold them with the remote. thanks for the help
Paul

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi There.
I note that the spec for mine says auto dimming mirror. Seems to be a spelling error as it is auto dipping. If I engage reverse, the nearside mirror dips so I can see the kerb better - all very clever.

Pete

·
Registered
28 Posts
Being a lowly peasant with a SE spec Yeti I'm not 100 per cent on this but on the Elegance doesn't the driver's side mirror automatically dim along with the interior rear view mirror as well as the passenger side mirror tilting down?

Regards, Lee.

·
Registered
10 Posts
frglee said:
Being a lowly peasant with a SE spec Yeti I'm not 100 per cent on this but on the Elegance doesn't the driver's side mirror automatically dim along with the interior rear view mirror as well as the passenger side mirror tilting down?

Regards, Lee.
ive not noticed the psngr mirror dip down but it does dim. there are lights under miror housing that come on as well

·
Registered
267 Posts
The passenger mirror will only dip if you have the electric seat option according to the manual. Haven't seen the drivers mirror dim (yet) so will have to try this out.

Keith

·
Registered
28 Posts
Pretending I was feeling flush I went on the Skoda car configurator web site and specced an Elegance with electric seats. For an extra non-optional fifty pounds you get "auto-dimming door mirrors". I couldn't find mention of the passenger door mirror dipping when reverse is selected but I think that's part of the package as well - or is that included as standard with the Elegance?

Regards, Lee.
Edited by: frglee

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry, Keith's already said that the "dipping mirror" comes with the electric seats option

·
Registered
828 Posts
Just to clarify on other comments, my 2011 Elegance has auto dimming interior rearview mirror with electric heated, folding door mirrors, neither of which dim or dip, at least not that I have noticed.

·
Registered
268 Posts
This forum is great.I was aware that i had fold in mirror's with the manual switch but not that one could operate them,or the windows come to that,from the key fob.Thank you very much for that.Another gizmo to play with.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I always use the keyfob to fold my mirrors when locking the car. when I got in this morning and started up, the mirrors did not fold out. I have tried locking and unlocking the car again, but they will not budge. I do not have my user manual with me, so does anyone know the "manual" way to open them, before I pay a visit to the dealer later on? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Juniorned said:
I always use the keyfob to fold my mirrors when locking the car. when I got in this morning and started up, the mirrors did not fold out. I have tried locking and unlocking the car again, but they will not budge. I do not have my user manual with me, so does anyone know the "manual" way to open them, before I pay a visit to the dealer later on? Thanks in advance.

The manual says.

Move the control knob on the inside of the door to another position than fold.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for that.

I have to confess to being a bit daft. Sitting in the driving seat, I wasn't aware there was a "fold" option on the mirror controller, as it is hidden from view...

I went to Listers Skoda in Coventry, and a service chap came out, pointed out the other position and hey presto - out came the mirrors.

Apparently the computer had got confused and thought I had folded the mirrors using the controller rather than the key fob. If you fold using the controller, you can only unfold again using the controller. If you use the key, the mirrors automatically open when you start the engine. After testing it a couple of times both ways, he seemed quite happy so I left, and they have worked fine since.

Thanks for the response DonjSZ5...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts