Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I be interested if any petrol head Yeti owners have experienced a buzzing noise from the engine compartment at between 2-3000 rpm! most annoying and spoils the vehicle. Seems to be in the area of No2 injector.Regards Keith L

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
I get it in my 1.2 TSI. I always thought it was just the exhaust system resonating at certain revs. A little bit annoying but I just put it down to a design issue that added to its "character".
I have also had a similar thing occur in an old 93 model Peugeot 405 SRDT. When I got the workshop to have a look they said it was a baffle in the exhaust that resonated at certain revs. It would require a new replacement exhaust section to fix so I left it alone due to cost versus benefit issues.
It might be worth inquiring about it being looked at as a warranty repair. Maybe they have a fix for it.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
220 Posts
Let your dealer have a look and listen. There are some things which Skoda are content "leave as is" and we are expected to live with but dealers being in the front line often have un-official fixes. I myself had a very annoying noise / rattle which my dealer persevered with and after stripping and re-building the air intake plumbing finally cured the problem.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Do you know what they actually did to fix it, like replace parts or add bracing etc?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Only visible additions are bit of sponge at various places and the black plastic pipe thatenters the plenum chamber has been repositioned. Unless you where looking for it you wouldn't notice any changes from original.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Thanks. I might have a tinker with air intake plumbing and see if it makes a difference in my vehicle.

·
Registered
220 Posts
plbxr said:
Thanks. I might have a tinker with air intake plumbing and see if it makes a difference in my vehicle.

Before tinkering I would report your problem to your dealer. Your car, being the 1.2 petrol is a lot different to mine which is the 2.0 TDi and I can't see the intake plumbing being the same.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It seems as though I have started some topic of conversation with my mail. The noise isdefinitelynot exhaust orientated; with astethoscope in and around No2 injector it is prominent.My request for assistance was met with some reluctance from my local dealer however, it is booked in next week for "diagnostics" what this space. Keith L

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
I hope they don't just fob you off with some "it's normal" or "there's nothing showing on diagnostics" excuse. I hope they can fix it for you...and it is something minor. It will be interesting to see the outcome.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guess what guys! reference my engine noise post (July 2013): i am pleased to say that it has now been rectified.
Dealer wont say what it was but all I can say is I my Yeti now feels like a different car.
Don't be fobbed off by their comments "you will just have to live with it sir" Perceiver!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Well Keith I watched this space and was finally rewarded with your fixed post! Like you and possibly others, I would like to know the cause and solution applied to the buzzing noise. Albeit, I am please to know it is fixed and you are a happy chappy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts