Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there yeti people.any one know which oil i require to top up my engine.1.8tsi 4x4 yeti elegance
cheers

·
Registered
290 Posts
If you are on a flexy service you need a VW 504 spec 5w/30
If you are on a fixed service you need a VW 502 spec 5w/40

I personally always use the higher spec oil

Edited by: Tech-Yeti

·
Administrator
14,607 Posts
HiThe oil supplied with my car was Castrol Edge longlife 111 5W-30 VW504 00 / 507 00
I think I have read somewhere that it is flourescent which may fit in with the good oil/bad oil display on some of the multidot displays. I also believe that some Asda stores are selling it for around £27.50 for a 4 ltr bottlle ( I do not have an Asda so cannot confirm).

The bottle supplied was also marked Castro Edge profesional which is only supplied to the trade.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Hi Hood,

Being interested in the right oil for my Yeti, I found the following:

I have the 1.8 = 112tsi, so dialed in the suberb, because the Yeti 112tsi is not listed.

Then changed to Yeti 1.2tsi.

So it looks like you are on the money, well at least you would be if you lived down under.

http://castroledge.com.au/tested-to-perform/why-strength
CASTROL EDGE PROFESSIONAL LONGLIFE III 5W-30
Developed exclusively for Professional Workshops - Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda recommend CASTROL EDGE PROFESSIONAL LONGLIFE III 5W-30
Service Refill Capacity: 3.6*, 3.9* Litres.
See note 1053 below.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Topping Up Engine Oil

Yeti is my first diesel, so have been checking as I had an idea that diesels use different oil to petrol. I think I'm ok with oil type but I read in the manual not to put in too much and to top up 0.5 litre at a time. Is it ok just to put in al smaller amout and check the level?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for comments I just couldn't work out why the manual says fill in 0.5 litre lots as that much could be an overfill.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello

Could you help me on a advice for the below :

Few days ago I got a Skoda Yeti 1,2 tsi and it is my first car using Petrol. When engine start I wait few minutes in order that engines rides come down and then move the car.
I don't know whether should wait until engines rides get down to 800 or I can move directly after the engine start in.

thank you

·
Administrator
5,036 Posts
BnesNo need to wait for revs to come down before pulling away. Enjoy the new car, just remember when you refuel that you are now driving a petrol engine not diesel!

·
Registered
828 Posts
Good advice from SnowGood. Whilst diesel in a petrol engine may not be terminal, it is a pain to cure. I know I've done it, courtesy of the boss!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts