Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi can any body help? thinking about having 2.litre diesel remapped has any body out there had this done.

manythanks.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hi stevedot, welcome to the site. Not had anyexperienceof mapping on my own car, but my neighbour has a Fucus ST and also a Transit van. Both of which he has had remapped and swears by the remapps on both. I assume your car is out of warranty, as my neighbour checked with Ford who told him that this would invalidate his warranty, and I would bet that would also be Skodas attitude to it as well. I am sure you will get others on this forum who will follow this thread, and be able to help you far more than I, but welcome and good luck with your car whatever you decide to do.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had my 2 previous Fabia 1.9tdi Superchipped from 100bhp to 138bhp, the engine a lot smoother, faster (50-70 in 3 seconds) and increased mpg. No problem.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Hi stevedot. I did have a previous petrol vehicle re-chipped a few years ago and it was superior to the original OEM chip. It gave a small increase in performance with roll on acceleration and slightly "peakier" performance all round.
Just wondering if you may have considered one of the plug-in alternatives for the Yeti, rather than a complete remap of the OEM chip?

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi.Had a plug in Tuneit chip fitted to raise 2.0 diesel from 103 to 123kw and 320 to 370 Nm. Love it.
After doing it spoke to the VW mechanic who does our service work on all our vehicles and found I could have got a German chip which is VW approved. Don't know the brand but worth checking out.
The Tuneit chip is from the UK and cost $A1250.00 fitted.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Has anyone done the re-chip think on a 2 L diesel 170PS Yeti in the UK? If so, where did you go for it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts