Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011 Skoda yeti 2.0 elegance tdi cr 4x4
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all , my intermittent fault with the engine turning over but not firing is back - I get error message saying error stability control - the engine symbol stays lit on dash

It’s a nuisance - doesn’t happen every time just randomly every couple of weeks , if I turnkey off and on a few times it eventually starts

I replaced battery for new heavy duty one a few weeks ago and problem seemed to go away for a while

I bought a battery voltmeter that plugs into 12v power socket - that shows 12.6 v at rest and 14.2 v with engine running ( power drops a few points when using dash cam and heated rear screen etc )

I’ve checked the loom through the door rubber it’s ok

I’d like to buy a fault code reader ( with code reset function) so I can have a look what’s going on but I’m on a tight budget and there are so many to choose from …
Recommendations please …. ?
and any further advice about possible causes for this issue ?
Many thanks

paul

·
Administrator
16,551 Posts
Aldi do a cheap fault reader for around £10-£12 it is basic but gives fault numbers and can reset. Just don't expect it to be able to do everything an expensive reader can do. It is one of their weekly specials and comes around quite frequently.

·
Premium Member
Yeti Outdoor 2017 SEL TDi150 4x4 Manual
7,606 Posts
Either Google or search in Amazon, for:
“Auto XS OBD fault code reader”
You should find examples from around £25.

I got an identical unit from the centre aisle at the local ALDI. A few years ago, for £15. Still works fine. Those currently on sale via Amazon were probably bought by the dozen from the last ALDI offer. And are now being sold at a profit during a period when ALDI do not have any in their basket?

You still need to look up up code meanings via Google with this type of reader. You can erase codes though. Then see how long they take to return.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Or spend a little more and get Carista with an ELM327 blutooth adapter. It does a lot more than just read faults.
I took out a subscription £34pa when I got the car and keep meaning to cancel it, every time I go to cancel I need to use it for something so dont cancel :(

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
2015 Elegance Greenline II
7,128 Posts
That has nothing to do with Skoda, I wonder how they get away with that?
Not to say it's not going to do just what you want.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think because I typed Skoda in search bar it came up with that - I realise it’s not Skoda branded but it says it’s suitable for Skoda so thought I’d try it .

·
Premium Member
Kia Niro HEV2 and MG Midget
5,968 Posts
My cheap reader worked perfectly in my Yeti, but you did have to download the Torque app to the phone to see any results. Works in my Kia too!

How about stating where you are in Wales? It's a big country!

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks just changed my info to reflect that I’m in knighton mid wales .

Reactions: Llanigraham

·
Premium Member
Kia Niro HEV2 and MG Midget
5,968 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was there just before Christmas and could have brought my reader with me for you to borrow.
No worries I’ve ordered a cheap one to try .
I put my battery charger into the car today to see if it would take any charge - even though resting voltage on the plug in reader was 13.2
Battery charger showed car battery only 50% charged

I have left my dash cam plugged in overnight by accident twice so presume that has depleted battery plus since I moved here recently I’m doing short runs to work with heater and lights so not giving the battery much of a boost .

Reactions: Llanigraham

·
Registered
283 Posts
I never take my Dash camera out, if it's in the right fuse it turns on and off with the ignition.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I never take my Dash camera out, if it's in the right fuse it turns on and off with the ignition.
yes I need to buy a hardwire kit - mine is currently using the 12v power socket which is always live …

·
Administrator
16,551 Posts
If you have a NextBase dashcam their fitting kit contains all the bits you will need without having to shop around. Fitting takes around fifteen minutes and the link below shows how.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you have a NextBase dashcam their fitting kit contains all the bits you will need without having to shop around. Fitting takes around fifteen minutes and the link below shows how.

Thanks - I have an orskey front and rear camera from Amazon you can get a dedicated fitting kit which I will order one day soon … I looked at the next base cameras but tried s cheaper brand the orskey one was only £55 for front and rear together ….

1 - 15 of 15 Posts