Yeti Owners Club banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thank you for the detail Bryetian. If the lambda sensor reading issue is the case, what is the remedy? Also, this is the first time I have attempted to understand the car‘s motor, and am very grateful for this group! It is a manual by the way.
Am off to the garage that knows the car and feel prepared. Thank you to all who have contributed. I can share the diagnosis once it is sorted, and go bravely toward this new world (for me) of Yeti-tech. Written without irony. This car has 191K kms on it and I hope it lasts at least another 100K

·
Registered
887 Posts
Could this noise be described as a whistling or hissing noise? Does it happen when the engine is idling? Does the noise happen just AFTER the engine is switched off?
None of the above. It is closer to what you hear for a moment when the dentist is using something like a grinding tool on yozr own tooth. The clutch is wearing and will beed replacement, but I feel that‘s not it.
OK. Such noises would be associated with a failing PCV valve. I was just testing for that possibility. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
OK. Such noises would be associated with a failing PCV valve. I was just testing for that possibility. :)
Good to know! So, the problem I had was just too much air in the oil, totally due to forgetting to replace the cap for a bit of a drive. This was addressed and all is well. The garage reset the warning light. Thank you for now awakening my inner mechanic. This is a good group!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts