Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be placing an order for a Yeti Elegance, 4x4, 170PS manual in the next day or so; all you experienced hands out there- what do you wish you had known (to get, to avoid) before you acquired your Yeti, please?

Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
Personally I would have liked the heated windscreen (only applicable for people who don't garage their cars) and would have pushed hard to get Skoda to fit the smallest wheels possible, 16" probably, to get the best ride, cheaper replacement tyres and better for driving through snow. This rather than the standard 17" wheels it came with. Neither a deal breaker but both important to me if I was ordering again.

I had the 140bhp engine, I would have liked the 170 that you are getting. Well done there!

Otherwise, don't worry, you are getting a cracking car. I only wish the emissions were lower as I get a company car and whilst I would love what you have chosen the emissions kill it from a tax point of view.

I should add, nothing to avoid. No duff parts on the Yeti I had!

Edited by: EdmundBlackadder

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that EB. My dream spec is Elegance, with metallic paint, heated windscreen, space saver spare, Erebus alloys, Tyre pressure monitor, fold flat front seat and Amundsen sat nav. Is it possible to get the smaller wheels? Are they greenline wheels (change of alloys)?

I'm putting standard spec out to main dealers for the best price, wouldn't I compromise my bargaining position if I pushed for special features and would it be worth it?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Even though I garage my car I've got the heated windscreen. It's proved its worth in the winter months when everyone else in the car park at work is scraping their windscreens. All I do is scrape the rear and side windows, turn the engine on, press the heated screen button, wait a minute, operate the wipers and drive away with a completely clear windscreen.
Good choices with the other options. I have the Elegance 4x4 spec with TPM and spare. On my previous Octavia the TPM came on allowing me to find the tyre with the slow puncture and get it repaired before it irrepairably damaged the tyre. Never liked the idea of the tyre repair kit. It would never have worked on the blowout I had on a previous car, hole about an inch in diameter.

Would have liked built in satnav but I thought it too expensive. Does the Amundsen come with a DAB radio? Although not a great fan of DAB I would have liked it but it wasn't available when I ordered mine last year.

May be worth trying to get a set of roofbars thrown in by the dealer.

Keith

·
Administrator
13,075 Posts
I don't have the built in sat nav as I did not think it was worth the amount charged for it, I use a Tom Tom. There are also quite a few posts on here with owners saying the display is not in the ideal position, plus uncertainties about updates and remarks about it's ease of use. You could get an awful lot of extras with the money saved if you buy a Tom Tom instead.The heated screen is a must, and the spare wheel is also a good idea.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Amundsen+ is definatley DAB (at least mine is!) And the Skoda website site confirms it... "Navigation system 'AMUNDSEN+' with DAB".

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have DAB in my current car and it is great. If you like your sport then it is a must as I can follow test cricket and football with wonderful clarity. If you are more of a music person then it is less important as FM is just as clear. MW though, aaarrrggghhhhhh.

On the wheels front I believe a bit of pressure on the salesman to make the call to Skoda will get the job done. The salesman will proclaim ignorance but I know of people on another Yeti site who started this off and others followed. Skoda have agreed in the past and I see no reason why that would have changed as the wheels are there, they just go on other Yeti models. Of course, you may be entirely happy with the wheels on the car. Don't get freaked by this one, 17" wheels are very acceptable, but the question related to what others would pursue and I would go down this route.

·
Registered
63 Posts
There is an option of the Amundsen + to have DAB if you pay extra. My new beast has the plus but without DAB as I have no interest in sport, except beating the Aussies!

·
Registered
786 Posts
I am surprised that Skoda offer two versions of a radio with the same name and I can find no reference to a DAB-free version.

I certainly don't doubt you but have you checked under the Band selection on the touch screen? When I press this I can select either DAB,FMor AM...

I would hate for you to be missing something that you have paid for.

Edited by: discosteve

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'll check again in the morning, but I've spent an hour this arvo sitting in the beast and fiddling with the Amundsen putting in radio presets and satnav addresses. Pretty sure mine is only FM and AM. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
63 Posts
The instruction manual they gave me is for an Amundsen + and it refers to DAB. The dealer said it wasn't DAB when I asked them before delivery, but they have been wrong on other things. If there is no DAB coverage in this neck of the woods, perhaps the option doesn't display. I'll have another shufti tomorrow but I'm not overly concerned. We mostly listen to BBC 4 and Classic FM on the radio, as befits old codgers, certainly not sport!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Amudsen +. Instructions for DAB are on page 10 of the Manual.
Hope this helps.

PS If you've not got the (wrong) manual I have it in pdf form and can email it to you.

Edited by: Jox

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks Jox. I got a manual for the Amundsen + in the pack with the car and it does indeed talk about DAB. I will test it out after breakfast!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts