Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Has anyone here found a way of getting a bit more legroom for the driver?Overall, I think the Yeti is brilliant. However, being 6'5" tall,I could do with a bit of extra legroom to get more comfortable. When my missus drives, and I sit in the passeneger seat, Ihave plenty oflegroom. When I'm driving, I am robbed of a few inches of legroom due to the pedals.

Has anyone here had similar issues and found a way round it?

Anyinfo would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Administrator
14,190 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.
6' 5" tall, did you get the sunroof option as well? When my father-in-law was posted in Malta he drove a Fiat 500 with his head out of the sunroof.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No sunroof. Yeti 4x4 DieselElegance. Stacks of headroom. Plenty of room behind my seat for rear seat passengers. Would really like to be able to push the seat a bit further back though...

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
just a thought have you let the seat down, as it lowers it also moves back.

SWMBO is a short ar## and has the seat high, when I get in or should I say struggle to get my leg under thesteering wheel, I just pump the seat downand its rearward movement puts it in the right place for me, no need to move it on the runners.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One of the reasons I bought the Yeti, was because of the "sit up straight" driving position. Due to a back problem, I would like to keep the seat relatively high, but as I pump the seat up, it moves forwards as well.I was hoping someoone else might have had the same issue and found a way round it.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Numbercruncher said:
One of the reasons I bought the Yeti, was because of the "sit up straight" driving position. Due to a back problem, I would like to keep the seat relatively high, but as I pump the seat up, it moves forwards as well.I was hoping someoone else might have had the same issue and found a way round it.
that'sthe problem if you need the seat high it moves forward a lot, as i said by pumping it down from SWMBO position it moves back to my driving position. In my last car that would have been 3 notches on the runner.

Maybe a chat to your dealer or a localengineer to see if they can beadapted in any way.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Hi and welcome to Yeti land. I am 6'6'', my extra height being mainly in my legs. so just about any car, come to that, vehicle I have ever driven has been lacking in the legroom department. That said I just manage with the seat fully back to adjust the height, wheel adjusted fully in and up, and backrest fairly upright, to be more comfortable than any car I have driven before, so much so that I have driven from the Pyrenees to Benelmadena, just past Malaga, in one day without any real discomfort. Keep adjusting a bit at a time and I'm sure you will find success!!.

I have, in the past tried to get seat runners adapted by official sources, ie. dealer, they won't consider such things because of 'elf'n'safety and it is altering design and construction.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your comments. I've since visited a company that does mobility work and installs swivel seats, dual controls, wheel chair access etc. They lookedat the Yeti seat, andcan remount it three inches furtherback. By so doing, it would also have to be raised by an inch due to the additionalfloor mountings they would have to install.

As I haven't got electric seats, pumping the seat all the way down, lowers the rear of the seat, and sitting in the fully back - fully down position,feels a bitlike sitting in a bucket, which is pretty uncomfortable. I believe electric seats give the option of adjusting the angle of the squab.

I am sorely tempted to shell out and have the seat remounted, but it will be a costly mistake if it doesn't have the desired effect. It is impossible to see what the driving position will be like, until they've done it.

Any thoughts.......?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts