Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as I eagerly wait for my monster to be built early Feb and picked up early March, I thought I'd share what I'm expecting:

1.2 TSI DSG Elegance in Candy White, with added
- Panoramic roof
- Amundsen Sat-Nav
- Park Assist
- Electrically adjustable drivers seat
- Rear LED lights
- Heated windscreen and washers
- Spare wheel
- Lifeshine
- Flat-folding passenger seat with ISOFIX
- Rear side airbags.

Hoping to have my monster until it retires so thought I'd spec it just right. It's pretty exciting since I've only spent a grand total of £1600 buying 2 cars in 15 years of motoring!

I hope everyone is looking forward to their delivery as much as I am!

I imagine the 'gallery' pages are going to start getting very busy in March!
Edited by: TunaSan

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
That's a good list TunaSan
. Some other things that I might add for your consideration would be floor mats and good sturdy seat covers. If your eyes are not what they used to be then maybe Bi-Xenon headlights. However, there have been a few good reports lately with people replacing their OEM halogen globes with higher output Osram Night Breaker bulbs or something equivalent. Thumbs up for the Night Breaker Plus bulbs

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The elegance does indeed have the-bi-xenon lights, but also a set of halogen bulbs for instantaneous high-beam flash; the xenon lights take too long to power up and align for this function.

I thought about mud flaps but an easy dealer or self fit once I have the car. In any case it would seem the New flaps aren't yet available to be ordered by the dealer. I also will definitely get mats front and back but wasn't prepared to pay the ridiculous brochure price - super skoda have either fabric or rubber Yeti mats at more sensible prices (‚¬20-25 I recall).Edited by: TunaSan

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi TunaSan and all
I have ordered an Outdoor 1.2tsi DSG Elegance in Cappuccino with extras

Tow bar
Spare wheel
Park assist
Tyre pressure monitor
Textile mats
Double sided boot floor
Extra 2 year warranty

I just wondered as you have solid information on build date and delivery, when you placed your order. I ordered mine on 11 December with an expected delivery in early April. Can you and any other Forum members offer an opinion as to whether this is realistic and also what information I might expect from the dealer.
I too am excited about the prospect of a new car especially as it will be my first new car purchase

In addition, thanks to all those Forum members out there whose knowledge, advice and general banter have made a difficult decision that much easier

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Forgot to add...if it doesn't come with one already, an acoustic mat that fits under the bonnet. Fitted one to my vehicle and it cuts down the engine noise a bit, especially some of the higher pitched gear whine noises. Makes the bonnet more sturdy and sounds better on closing but does make it heavier. It's a press fit with push through latches and takes about 10 seconds to install. I got mine from SuperSkoda.

·
Registered
263 Posts
My Yeti came with OE Skoda carpet mats but as we live on a small holding, I changed the front mats for fitted heavy duty rubber mats from carmats.co.uk. Heavy duty, made to measure and fit the existing floor clips perfectly. They do various grades of carpet mats of course and their prices are very competitive.

The delivery time was also very good.

·
Registered
471 Posts
plbxr said:
Forgot to add...if it doesn't come with one already, an acoustic mat that fits under the bonnet. Fitted one to my vehicle and it cuts down the higher pitchedwhining noises.
Great idea - do they also do one that fits over the passenger seat?

OK, so I don't really mean that - errr,Ive just been told to point out!

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
TunaSan said:
The elegance does indeed have the-bi-xenon lights, but also a set of halogen bulbs for instantaneous high-beam flash; the xenon lights take too long to power up and align for this function.

I thought about mud flaps but an easy dealer or self fit once I have the car. In any case it would seem the New flaps aren't yet available to be ordered by the dealer. I also will definitely get mats front and back but wasn't prepared to pay the ridiculous brochure price - super skoda have either fabric or rubber Yeti mats at more sensible prices (‚¬20-25 I recall).

Front mud flaps are the same as the pre FL so no problem, it's the rears that are not on the parts system yet but can be ordered as a factory fit.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Judge3151 said:
Hi TunaSan...

...I just wondered as you have solid information on build date and delivery, when you placed your order. I ordered mine on 11 December with an expected delivery in early April. Can you and any other Forum members offer an opinion as to whether this is realistic and also what information I might expect from the dealer.
Hi Judge, I ordered on 20th Oct, so your April date seems reasonable.Edited by: TunaSan

·
Administrator
14,832 Posts
TunaSan said:

QUOTE]

Just had a quick flash (don't tell Wakev) and it was the Xenons that did it

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Hood said:
Just had a quick flash (don't tell Wakev) and it was the Xenons that did it
What we're the start conditions, all lights off? My Dad's FL L&K flashes the halogens. Confused...

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Just putting it out there for consideration.....as a secret new YOC friendly greeting?
First a hand wave, then a flash.
That's sure to get others' attention.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts