Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
13,059 Posts
Some parts of the FL look good but it is very "fussy" with lots of square "bits" stuck on, reminding me of the old Ssanyong Musso. Even the boot lid is cluttered with diagonal creases, the painted lip below the rear hatch might need some protection. But at least underneath it is still the Yeti we all like.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No probs plbxr & Banjobach, glad you enjoyed it. I agree with you about the Ssanyong MussoHood, that was a poor vehicle, but nothing to compare with the Rodius, now that is a vile looking machine if ever there was one. They have produced a new Koranda which starts at around £15k, that's a rather better vehicle than the old ones, but to my mind, not a patch on the yeti

·
Registered
94 Posts
It still doesn`t look quite right! Lovely car and excellent video showing it off at it`s best.
Don`t members think that every Tom, Dick or Harry is bringing out a cross-over vehicle nowadays and some from companies that hardly anyone has heard about. The latest that I`ve come across is from Dacia, now owned by Renault and their Dacia Duster starts at £8,995!

Edited by: bwanamdevu

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi BwanamdevuIn my humble opinion they should have kept the current look for the Outdoor and sanitised the Urban?

As for the Duster I see a lot round here as there is a local dealer. We have an 150,000 mile X trail to replace soon and I wonder what the £9K Duster might offer! SWMBO not sold on the Yeti sadly!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have read reports that for £9K, the Duster is remarkably good value.
I certainly won`t be buying one but I can see that many will be tempted, particularly if there is a dealer close by. I wonder if it will generate a Duster Owners Forum?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Well, I do love the look of the FL and have one on order.

I had Yeti Urban and loved that too, but did not buy that for it's looks but for all it's other qualities and strengths.

It appears that the most negative comments on the FL is the disappearance of the fog lights. Yes, they did make the Yeti look unique in the SUV market, but the face lift is still 99% as per the original, with it's Tonga Toy boxy, rugged shape.

So come on Guys, give the new boy a break!

Edited by: TRUTHSEEKER

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Tsk, tsk, tsk, tsk, tsk.
Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Thanks for posting the link Paul.
We like it at our house, and when they have been out for a while we would definitely take one ( a "Yeti 2" as we call it ) for a test drive.
Rob.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Must admit that I thought the front end looked quite nice in that video, but prefer the old front on my Adventure. I see that it is a Yeti outdoor, does that mean there is a Yeti indoor ?

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
hammy said:
Must admit that I thought the front end looked quite nice in that video, but prefer the old front on my Adventure. I see that it is a Yeti outdoor, does that mean there is a Yeti indoor ?

Yep also called many many other names, don't like the look of it, looks like they put it all together and then thought O we better pant it and forgot to mask the areas that don't need paint

Defiantly not a one for me the sills would look crap after a week.

·
Registered
368 Posts
JeremyG said:
Did you note the Yeti in the video is Green, not one of those wimpy capperchino colours and such like?

capperchino?- never heard of that colour.

Sounds like some sort of trouser with built in head gear garment . . . .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts