Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI ALLWhat are everyones thoughts on the new yeti and its name will it be the bigfoot or the snowman,should be in the showrooms sometime in 2113 by alll accounts, i like the sound of the 206 brake horse model andbeing little longer. than the present model

·
Premium Member
5,227 Posts
From all the photos seen elsewhere, the facelift for 2012/3 is very minor. I read somewhere that Skoda have said there will not be a major revision until at least 2014/5.

Bigfoot is supposedly the extended wheel base version for the Chinese market, but the only pictures have been of photographicmock-ups.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HI GROUPIE
Thanks for your reply its a pity skoda cannot build the supposedly bigfoot for the UK market, was in contact with skoda UK a while back but they did not have much of a idea about the facelift yeti and when it would hit the showrooms

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
from the latest pictures i have seen not much has changed, looks like a facelift to the front lights and the rear panels, only report on engine spec is a 206 brake hourse motor for china would like this nod for the UK OR COULD IT ALL BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR, IT TAKE YOUR POINT

·
Administrator
14,600 Posts
There's an old saying "If it aint broke, don't fix it"
They could make a few improvements/tweaks such as modifying the doors/seals so rain does not run off the roof onto the window switches and seats, or make a heated screen standard, or give a choice of 16" or 17" wheels, but on the whole they have made a very good job of things.
"If it aint broke, don't fix it"

·
Premium Member
5,227 Posts
If you know how to ask, and who to ask, you CAN get 16" wheels instead of 17's!!

·
Administrator
14,600 Posts
Hi I just meant they could make the choice easier (listed option). I am quite happy with my 17" wheels although I will probably use 16" for winter tyres (checked with insurance company they don't mind).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are right about the rain coming into the car i find when the front windows are open just a little and its raining or if you fire up the windscreen washers the water runs inside the door and onto the electric window controls .
Their is talk of some type of powered tailgate but time will tell.
With the weather the way it is at the moment the yeti is the right car to have no problem going the deep standing water it can go where others fear to tread

·
Registered
77 Posts
I drove through the aftermath of the rain storm in the NE last night. I know the Yeti is not waterproof so I was still wary but I had to smile at the 12 plate, white Ferrari who was attempting to drive north on the A1 at Morpeth. I made it home with some careful driving, often on the other side of the road, thanks by the way to the git in the Volvo V70 who decided to play chicken with drivers coming the other way instead of politely waiting for cars to pass the new river. However the guy in the Ferrari would barely have made it 2 miles before the water was over his bonnet and flooding his lovely engine.

It was definitely a good day to have a car with good clearance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts