Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if a factory fit towbar comes with a UK adaptor or is it a Euro (13pin?) or am I talking rubbish????Confused of UK

·
Registered
149 Posts
Re -Tow bar not sure about over seas.My question is to anyone in Australia - Has anyone DOWN UNDER GOT A TOW BAR. FITTED YET. Have rung several tow bar fitters and they say they are not doing them yeti

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
Dekkers said:
Does anyone know if a factory fit towbar comes with a UK adaptor or is it a Euro (13pin?) or am I talking rubbish????
Confused of UK

Standard wiring kit is with a 13 pin Euro plug. You can, for extra money, order a 12N ans 12S final loom, but it is cheaper buying a converter from Towsure.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had a tow bar with wiring fitted by the dealer before delivery, as did a friend with his Yeti. It is an expensive option here in Australia, though cheaper if you don't have the wiring pack included. Hard to understand why you would not have it wired but did see a used one without it. A Skoda dealer should be able to install one for you and I think the list price is about A$1500.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thank you for your reply.I WAS BLOWN away by the price. My dealer has not fitted one"" yeti""and did not want to be the first guinea pig.Are you happy with the fit and wiring harness. I GUESS my real question is have you towed with it ""yeti""(Yet).

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am happy with the fitting of the tow bar, but have not used it yet and will most likely only use it for a Thule 921 G2 bike carrier that has lights fitted. I know of someone who also had one installed about the same time as mine and has tested it to the max towing and then pulling a good size boat out of the water. He is very happy with both his diesel Yeti and the attached tow bar. It is a ridiculous price for a tow bar and there has been a bit of discussion on this forum and others regarding the whole Yeti tow bar situation.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi All, I see that you lot are being ripped off with tow bar prices, I went to Del Boy Daily with a price of only £50 he even converted it into euros for what a nice man, so I have been down to the coast with boat on trailer to have what no doubt will be the beginnings of summer so get in there while it lasts, "any body seen a twenty foot boat flying around on its own near London?"

·
Registered
828 Posts
Dekkers said:
Does anyone know if a factory fit towbar comes with a UK adaptor or is it a Euro (13pin?) or am I talking rubbish????Confused of UK

When I ordered my Yeti (about March 2011) there was no 'factory fitted' towbar. As part of the purchase deal the dealer fitted a factory approved bar, A Westfalia. The bar was fitted before I took possession of the car. It was the first Yeti bar the dealer had fitted and was supplied, as Llanigraham states, with a 13pin socket. Lucky for me my caravan has a 13pin plug!

·
Registered
828 Posts
It's a Bailey Orion 430-4. 4 berth. 6.388 mtr long; 2.19mtr wide and weighing in at 1247kg. Slightly narrower than the norm to facilitate storage.If you look up 'baileyofbristol.co.uk' click 'orion' from the caravan list, you will see a YETI with Orion attached.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts