Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the arrival of our first grandson a couple of weeks ago Mrs Gnomeface test drove a string of small SUVs and Crossovers (her MX-5 is no use for baby transport) and she set her heart on a Yeti automatic 4x4 Elegance. Then we found that there is a 6-9 month waiting list and no "nearly new" or ex-demonstrators anywhere to her specification (she wanted the diesel 2.0, in silver or aqua, and a sunroof was mandatory).

So, we were in Cornwall a day or so later and trying to decide what to do, and we happened to see a dealer at Indian Queens - so we popped in, planning to try out the 1.2 petrol version. Sitting in the showroom was an unregistered Elegance 2.0 diesel 4x4 DSG in Aqua Blue complete with sunroof! Wierd. We collected it today and she is over the moon. Had to increase the capacity on my Brownie points store.

·
Administrator
14,209 Posts
Well that must be the most jammy story ever! Well done!!
Welcome to the forum and I hope you have many happy miles in your new car, and congratulations on your choice. I bet your grandson will be impressed. We have relatives in Grampound road so sometimes travel through Indian Queens but I doubt if we could have been that lucky, we waited four months.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Very lucky,
and well done for choosing Aqua Blue

·
Registered
828 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and welcome to the world of the Yeti...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome! Looking forward to finding out more -first impressions afterbeing allowed to drive it for a mere 15 miles yesterday are very good, which considering my main car is a 275bhp Jaguar XF diesel is praise indeed.
Our cars are always named, usually without much originality (e.g. the MX-5 is Max, the Mondeo is Monty) and the Yeti was dubbed Yoda as soon as Mrs Gnomeface saw it - I suspect that half the Yetis on the road have the same petname.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Well yes,and no.We thought Yoda would be a good name for him untill arriving at the same conclusion as you.So,living in Spain we applied the reasoning that an (a) at the end of the word ie: perra for female dog would make Yoda a girl.An (o) at the end as in perro would be a boy.Please can I announce the christening of our new Yeti, from now on to be known as Yodo.lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts