Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
08.30 this morning. Collect 12.30 tomorrow!:)

Reactions: MouldyPaul

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Goodbye to 'Kroq' tomorrow. I got 拢1,300 MORE than I paid for it 18 months ago!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

picked it up 15th Jan at lunchtime.
SUPERB!
The reviewers are talking absolute bollox about the 鈥榤ooing鈥 ICE. I floored it in an overtake and it was no noisier than the K at full chat and the noise didn't last long.
I haven鈥檛 been far but I have managed 65mpg on a 5 mile gentle run round Poole. When It has eased up I would expect 70 or 65 driven a bit more rapidly.
Horizon were brilliant bought salesman and S manager a bottle of Prosecco each for putting up with me.
They gave me full set of rubber mats 拢94 (as requested (more useful for beach and country dog walking than posh 'fluffy ones), a beautiful bouquet of flowers, (immediately nicked by the Mem Sahib) a large bottle of olive oil, very useful as I had just run out and a 拢97 Honda padded jacket which, alas, is too small. The sales chap said he would try and get the biggest one. I found them on line from the supplier for 拢30 less than the price on the Honda ticket!!

Love the heated steering wheel. Heater is very quick to come up to desired temp. Much more comfortable on 18鈥 50s than the K on 16鈥 60s. Boot area identical to Karoq and Yeti, although the sloping roof line reduces overall volume to 315 Litres. Still big enough for a 25Kg Lurcher!
Haven't tried 0-62 yet, but acceleration seems more than adequate although not as much 鈥榰rge鈥 as the K.
1. thing I think is stupid and 1 I am not overjoyed about, but neither detract from what I think is a cracking car.
2. With that massive light bar at the rear why on earth did Honda not have progressive indicators instead of the pint sized, tiddly rear indicators?
2. A rubbery gear knob? Per-lease! I can鈥檛 remember. when I last had a car without a leather gear knob. I know it鈥檚 nit-picking, but it just struck me as 鈥榊en鈥 pinching on a car costing (now) over 拢30K

Reactions: Robjon and spagley

Registered
Hello Colin.

Very happy for you with your 'new wheels' although IMHO the actual wheels are up there (in a downward sense!) with Triglavs.
Tell us some more...Does it have a heated steering wheel?...How efficient is the heater?...Does it have a top grade leather gear knob?

Kind regards and really quite envious - from Bexhill

(Mods - if you manage to edit Colin's post, please feel free to do same or more to mine)

Reactions: Robjon

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bexhillian,
Heated steering wheel (Advance* & Advance Style* only , not Elegance) and very quick 3 position heated seats
Also* electric boot lid with foot operation, which actually works! (Unlike another make I could mention) and also very clever 'walk away ' closing.
Open boot press delay button, pick up shopping, walk away, boot closes automatically when you get about 10feet away.
Heater is fantastic 42f here this morning and heat appeared within 800 yds. The ICE comes on if you turn on the A/C. de-fugs the windscreen & front side windows almost immediately if you put it on screen boost.
Acceleration in ECO is more than adequate in town driving. Flooring it from 25mph in Sport mode caused wheel spin on a damp road. (Shod with Michelins).
Overall consumption should be almost HALF that of Karoq 1.5DSG (K 50 Litre tank dash says 425 miles when full. HR-V 40 litre tank says 525 miles when full).
Eat your heart out Karoq!! Both about the same price and the HR-V has so much more USEFUL tech than the K Sportline, which has a lot of useless tech, such as 'SKODA' light on the road projected from the door, 10 colour ambient lighting inside, with footwell lights back and front and misses out on LDW, BSM etc etc. HR-V also has 3 view reversing camera.

Administrator
Speaking as someone who before the Yeti owned Japanese cars you are finding out that on Japanese cars things just work. The Yeti is the least reliable car that I have ever owned, I hope you are as enamoured after the honeymoon period. Looking forward to the updates.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Being a Mod on the Kodiaq and still for the time being on the Karoq fora The number of faults I have come across are legion. I have had door guards that got knocked off the Kodiaq because they didn't retract properly. Dipping on reverse mirror (Karoq Edition) that didn't work. Others with kick operated boot lids that don't work. Octavia iV PHEVS that have been rejected as unfit for purpose (Fault even admitted by Tom Sexton) Let alone copious quantities of door pulls either coming loose or actually pulling OFF the door and of course nearly everybody with juddering inferior quality wiper blades.
So saying my 3 Yetis were almost trouble free,

Administrator
Juddering wiper blades are mainly caused by the blade "setting" with a curve due to being parked on the screen for long periods of time. This means in one direction the blade is not at ninety degrees to the screen and then judders. The Yeti moves the wipers every so often to prevent that happening, perhaps the later models don't do that.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quite correct.
One sensible idea that Skoda did away with. Simply STOOPID!

Premium Member
2015 Elegance Greenline II
The Yeti moves the wipers every so often to prevent that happening, perhaps the later models don't do that.
My 2015 Yeti does that.

Premium Member
Yeti Outdoor 2017 SEL TDi150 4x4 Manual
Reactions: Robjon and Urrell
1 - 15 of 15 Posts