Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new 1.2 Yeti Adventure yesterday after an impressive 8 week wait. It was a lesson for others (VW and Audi dealer here, I'm talking about you!) in "customer experience" by the dealer - car perfectly prepared and waiting under a posh cover in the showroom with my Mrs name on a presentation board in front of it, paperwork all taken care of and a comprehensive explanation of what was what; even down to pairing our phone and pairing my ipad for music purposes. They even welcomed our dog Dave with a pat on the head (rather than the VW scowl)! Maybe the only slight omission was they didn't have tea, only black coffee; well they are French I s'pose.

Everything, as those that already know the Yeti, was as expected except for one thing; the engine - I've done about 600kms so far and cannot believe it's a 1.2!! Even though it's new/still a bit tight etc it's performance is stunning and I have to keep looking to check that it's not been swapped for a bigger lump (and just to put things in perspective, I have a 355 bhp flat 6 engined car in the garage so am aware of what constitutes powerful - not comparing the Yeti to this btw :) )

So, if anyone is worried about dual mass flywheels or diesel particle filters, don't hesitate to try/order a 1.2tsi six speed manual Yeti, you will not be dissapointed.

More thoughts when I've spent some more time in it, I'm off for a drive!
Edited by: Steph64

·
Registered
760 Posts
Hi Steph, Welcome to this website and congratulations upon you new purchase. I do hope it continues to keep you smiling as the miles/kilometres roll by, year in and year out. My silver1.8tsi dsg received its first service two days ago, because it is now one year old, with almost 12000km on the clock. I have had noissues what-so-ever and am still happy with my selection.

Happy trails,

Banjobach

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still smiling; just spent half an hour changing the bulbs for xtreme vision ones, lots better :) Also changed front and rear Skoda badges - just a bit of customisation

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have had my Yeti for about 3 weeks and it is hard to fault, but one thing I would like to change is the position of the SatNav. It should be a lot higher up. I would go as far as saying it is dangerous where it is. OK you do get some information from the Maxi-Dot display which is a bit better placed, but really can't see why the SatNav was put so low down?? Switching it around with the air vents would be great. In fact I see the Vauxhal Mokka has got it right. So come on Skoda put that on the agenda for the next upgrade. That would be Simply Clever!!!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Hi Peter,

Totally agree with you on the sat nav positioning. I tend to rely on the maxi dot too as it's just at the right hight and in line with my vision of the road. Looking at the new Octavia and Rapid, they have again positioned it too low...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On the other hand; my Garmin is in exactly the right place - and if next week it isn't I'll move it (or pay someone to move it with all the money I saved by not paying for the satnav option).

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
And you can update your Garmin nice and easily, but with a built-in one..........................

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Built in satnavs make no sense any more, expensive to option and to keep up to date - an oem plug in adapter for a garmin or a tom tom makes more sense; wonder what the cheapest integrated satnav costs as an option these days ( bet it's not under 200 quid like a decent separate)?? My garmin has free lifetime updates for maps and traffic.....

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, and you can put a separate where you like :)

·
Administrator
13,732 Posts
I agree, my Tom Tom sits on top of the dash, transferred over from my last car, updates from my laptop, and the money saved paid for all my extras, winter tyres, winter wheels and still had money left over!!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I catch the Sat Nav with my hand frequently when changing gear. I'm also always catching the controls on the Air system. The whole lot needs to be higher up on the dash, with a couple of storage spaces below for nick nacks.

I agree with you about a built in SAT NAV. the free one on my Google Android phone is nearly as good as the Amundsen one in my Yoda Sketi and doesn't cost anything

1 - 11 of 11 Posts