Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Yeti, 2 litre, Auto, 4 x 4, Diesel, 26k,
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Skoda Yeti 2 litre diesel 4 by 4 with 27,000 miles on the clock and a full service history And. 12v socket in the boot.

I recently plugged a coolbag into the socket and forgot to unplug the bag when I parked the car up. I tried to start the car 30 hours later and the battery was completely flat. Key fob didn’t work, no lights flashing, beeping, headlights, indicators, central locking, all not working.

I assume leaving the coolbag plugged in has drained the battery.

Can I simply re-charge the battery…. Any suggestions please.

ASG

·
Registered
15 Posts
As the Hood said unfortunately the 12v sockets are always live, also a issue if you like to use the 12v socket for a dash cams

·
Registered
450 Posts
Does your car have a stop/start system? If so, it may have a more advanced style of battery than the traditional lead-acid type.
I don't have any experience with charging those, but somebody else may be able to advise.

Previously healthy lead-acid batteries that have been run flat can usually be revived.
Slow and steady charging improves the chances of a successful resuscitation.

·
Administrator
15,990 Posts
2016 probably stop/start with an AGM or EFB battery in which case make sure the charger is appropriate and follow the guidance for connection etc in the handbook. If you don't have a handbook one can be found here.

·
Premium Member
4,698 Posts
I use a CTEK MXS 5 battery charger which plugs into the boot 12-volt socket. Quote: 'A state-of-the-art 8-step charger with a special reconditioning function. It also features battery diagnosis so you know the state of your battery’s charge and whether it can hold its charge properly. As with all CTEK chargers, it has an optimised charging mode for when more power is needed during cold weather. If you buy one, the 12-volt socket adaptor needs to be ordered separately.
Charger
amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FC42HAA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Connector
amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0016LA5O8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Premium Member
2015 Elegance Greenline II
6,776 Posts
If you are charging it it may take a day to start putting a charge into it but it should then take the charge.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Exactly the same happened to me, so now I have one of these;

Dometic low voltage battery saver "M50U"
Audio equipment Cable Musical instrument accessory Electronic device Font

·
Administrator
5,707 Posts
Reactions: Angela A

·
Registered
82 Posts
Can you borrow a jump start battery booster kit from someone? I did exactly the same thing with the dashcam. Forgot I'd left it plugged in and returned to a dead battery.

My stop start battery was fine (same engine as yours). I jump started it using the battery booster then took it on a half an hour run down a fast A road. I keep an Artek 900amp jump starter/battery charger in my car now for emergencies.

Been about a year now and no further battery problems so pretty sure the jump start didn't harm it (I did check with the manufacturer if they could be used on my battery type).

Arteck 800A Peak 18000mAh Car Jump Starter (up to 7.0L Gas, 5.5L Diesel Engine) with LCD Screen, USB Quick Charge, 12V Auto Battery Booster, Portable Power Pack with Built-in LED Light https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LXC8SPF/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_g_KQ9V0T6GTAJ9HAWFMHG8

1 - 11 of 11 Posts